Lawyered07

New car new problems

I've bought a 320cd to replace the 330ci. Will be gutted to see the 330 go (if I can bring myself to sell it!) but needs must at the moment and it should help save to buy something proper next year or so (hopefully a 335). 

The car was pretty cheap but does have a few issues. One annoying one is that the central locking is a bit peculiar. I'm trying to figure out whether it's the GM5. It has locked and unlocked fine so far but the book won't open without the key and the alarm goes off if you lock it with the remote. 

Only picked it up this morning so I haven't got much experience to say whether it always locks and unlocks with the key but it's been ok the few times today which makes me think it isn't the GM5. Question then is what else could it be? Or maybe the boot and alarm aren't related? 

Is there any definitive way to diagnose the GM5? If it is that I need to sort it now while I can use the 330.

thanks

If you arm/lock the car with the fob, then there's a setting that says that if the key blade is used (and not the fob) to open the car, that the alarm should sound. This can be disabled with PA Soft or NCS. If you open the driver's door with the key blade, it should set the alarm off too (disarm with the ignition).

It could be a dodgy part in the boot locking mechanism itself? I think INPA lets you see what signals different parts of the central locking is sending/receiving which might help? 

Cool will have to look into getting inpa.

tried the locking thing and the alarm did sound opening with the blade after locking with the remote. But the first problem was if I lock with the remote then 30 ish minutes later the alarm goes off. Very strange...

Now I've had it a bit more I think the boot lock is the button press itself and the two issues are unrelated. 

The alarm goes off only after locking with the remote and without me doing anything else. ie I just lock it as normal and the alarm sounds after about 15 mins. If I lock with the blade then no alarm.

The remote has actually worked every time for locking and unlocking.

Anyone had this before?

Edited by Lawyered07