poormansporsche

M6 Seats fitted, in case anyones interested !

Got some E63 M6 front seats

I already had electric, heated, memory seats so wiring was no bother, plugged straight in. Bolt holes lined up more or less exactly (apart from a few taps with a hammer - probably due to the seats coming from a write off) - despite what other threads have said the seat belt buckles fitted fine.   Took about 20 minutes all in. All the ortho and active bolsters work fine out the box

All was fine, or so I thought until a week later til someone sat in the passenger seat and the air bag light came on. No bother I thought just a faulty occupancy sensor so ordered a bypass.  Bypass arrived but as it turns out the M6 seats do not have a "Black Box" to plug the bypass chip in so it probably wasnt a faulty sensor just not compatible with the e46.  So to sort it I removed the wiring from e63 passenger occupancy sensor from the yellow seat plug and took the black box out of my old seats and plugged the bypass into the black box and then plugged that lot into the e63 yellow plug. Which all seems to have worked fine and no air bag lights

i didnt bother taking any pics but pretty simple - even for a idiot like me to do

Good to know it all works perfectly.. I've been thinking about doing this my self.

Haven't posted much on here but I thought I'd chip in on this one. I had this seat conversion planned for some time and now that my m-sport seats were looking past their best, it was either refurbish them or buy replacements. So, found a set of E63 M6 front seats and they match the rears better than the M3 seats. Plus the M6 seats have the power lumbar and side bolsters.

As the opening poster said, they fit with no modifications. However, I did have to swap over the airbag activated seat belt tensioners as the M6 seats only had passive seat belt receivers. Maybe the tensioners are on the other end of the seat belt on the M6, i.e. bottom of B-pillar. Aside from that simple swap, it was a doddle.

The difference is night and day. The leather is far better quality and the lower torso support far better. Definitely a recommended upgrade. Will try to add some picture tomorrow when it's daylight again.

Anybody looking for a seat of black m-sport coupe leather seats with memory and seat heaters?

Would this work the same way if done on a convertible? 

Also with these do the airbags function as normal?