proshaft

Key help - what options?

Unfortunately, I swam with the car keys in my pocket. 

Now, the remote function does not work, however, I still can start the car and use it as normal.

I'm unsure what the fault is. Can keys currently sold on eBay be coded with the use of software?

There's an engine transponder immobiliser chip in the fobs which doesn't require power, the the car detects it is nearby and that allows it to start. Then there's the button circuit with alarm and door unlocking which uses the battery inside the fob. If the transponder and button circuits are separate you might be able to install the button/unlock circuit board in your fob, synchronise it and then it will work.

Sorry I don't know whether you can just replace the button/alarm part of the fob.

Had an issue with my key befor it dismembered its self from the car so i couldnt unlock or lock it. Simply resynchronising it fixed this issue.. i know the keys are actually sealed units so maybe leave to dry .. bag of rice is a good trick i learnt.. the car charges the key. go for a drive and then try to resync it to the car for love of me cant remember the procedure but sure its on here