daboy

Third time's a charm - I'm back people!!!

Hi all.

Been a while since I was last here, sold my 330ci last year and bought a 911. Now I will be moving home so going to be commuting by train to work so the 911 had to go as I can't afford for it just to sit there looking pretty and it really is to impractical for an everyday family car.  I bought a Ford Focus, trying to be all sensible and although it's a great car it's just not sexy. 

I said to myself and the mrs that I wouldn't rush into buying something and it would have to tick all the boxes for me to buy it.  This just happened to come up on autotrader for £3000, when I spoke to the guy he said that it's currently on ebay and had a bid, so I tracked it down, made a bid of £2550 and won, picking it up tomorrow, cant wait.  Anyone want a Focus?? 

Its a 330ci msport with Sunroof, Heated memory seats, HK, xenons and all the other nice bits, 1 owner who imported it from Belgium from new and 76k on the clock.

media?id=3cececef201e4ed091a557dfe244c7b

My old ones - had a couple of E36's this year too but they just ain't a patch on the E46.

14771746013_8dd4d3763e.jpg 9618781257_636590eb89.jpg

Welcome back mate. Looks like you have another nice 330 with a few good options.., Its funny how many people come back to E46's, the do make great daily drivers and still look real good. Got any plans for this one?

Thanks.  Yeah, they are great cars and I have had a few of everything.

No plans really, I do like my cars stock, especially as they become rarer/older.  I will probably swap the Parrot/professional stereo for an aftermarket one once I have worked out what issues having the HK setup will cause.

Change all the indicator bulbs to chrome ones as I don't like the fried egg look and maybe change the boot lights to the newer ones.  Apart from that, drive and enjoy. 

1 hour ago, daboy said:

Thanks.  Yeah, they are great cars and I have had a few of everything.

No plans really, I do like my cars stock, especially as they become rarer/older.  I will probably swap the Parrot/professional stereo for an aftermarket one once I have worked out what issues having the HK setup will cause.

Change all the indicator bulbs to chrome ones as I don't like the fried egg look and maybe change the boot lights to the newer ones.  Apart from that, drive and enjoy. 

Sounds good. How do you find the HK set-up compares to your previous one which I assume didn't have the HK set-up? Both mine have had HK, that's the one thing that's a bit of a PITA with E46's, makes it a little difficult to swap out for an after market set-up. Then there's the fact the head unit will be off centre! Doesn't look ideal.. One of the reason's I've left mine alone. 

I just booked mine in for new front wings fit and paint, and while its in the paint booth they're doing the front bumper, bonnet, doors, rear bumper and rear quarters..... she's going to look amazing, brand new again!

I don't pick it up till tomorrow so don't know what the HK sounds like.  I will let you know.

You don't have to have an off centered stereo if you buy the fitting kit from BMW, its £70 but well worth it, looks so much better.

It's got a little rust bubble on one arch, my old topaz got a bit rusty there too, its so common. 

11 minutes ago, daboy said:

I don't pick it up till tomorrow so don't know what the HK sounds like.  I will let you know.

You don't have to have an off centered stereo if you buy the fitting kit from BMW, its £70 but well worth it, looks so much better.

It's got a little rust bubble on one arch, my old topaz got a bit rusty there too, its so common. 

Oh right, well enjoy tomorrow then ;-)

Of course, I always forget about the central fitting kit from BMW, you are right, they do look better.

Why BMW couldn't galvanise the front wings I have no idea. I had a French car once with bare metal on a bent panel which didn't rust in over 3 years and typical British weather! Still I can forgive the E46 for this common problem as the rest makes up for it, they are great cars.