02Anders

Cup Holders and Armrests...??

Hi everyone,

My 330Ci doesn't have any cupholders, and frankly it's driving me up the wall!  
Grasping a hot Costa's in my right hand as I'm hooning it through some twisty back roads, blipping the throttle and whacking it up and down through 2nd and 3rd just isn't working it for me.  It usually results in scalded nuts...  :o

So I walked into my local BMW Parts Pusher and asked for the OEM rear centre console cupholder.  However, he advised me that this part was incompatible with the armrest...?!?!  
Surely not!!
Now I can easily see that if I have two large Costa's stood proud in the in-line cupholders, I'll have to accept having the armrest flipped up, thus making the armrest unusable at that time.  I'm good with that.
But could someone please confirm to me that the OEM cupholder will actually physically fit into the centre console of an E46 with an armrest?
Much appreciated...  ;)

Edited by 02Anders

Yeah, so from your realoem link, I'm looking at purchasing no. 8,9,10 and 11.  I get that...
But the BMW dealer claims that these parts will only fit in the centre console of a non-armrest E46.
I personally find that hard to believe, but was hoping someone on the forum could confirm that they had indeed fitted this cupholder to an E46 with an armrest.

yeah thats correct you need 8,9,10.11

and when the armrest is down the rear cup holder is a much use as tits on a bull you will get a can of coke in there.  

I personally removed mine and went for the sliding tray. as it was a poor fit and cup fell out with spirited driving. :D

BMW also do a cup holder that clips the the for pocket not sure if its any better though.

DSCF2476_zpsyyodfqub.jpg

Edited by DaveNE

Thx guys!
That was the exact response I was hoping for.
Despite the back cupholder being somewhat of a compromise, I'll go order those bits for my 330Ci...  

I think I will purchase these as well, I really miss having a cup holder especially at times when you could really do with having one. A full can of coke usually ends up being half a can without even drinking it!

25 minutes ago, avalaugh said:

You only need 8.

The sliding tray literally pulls out, then the cup holder pops in.

9,10,11 are for centre console without armrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up.

27 minutes ago, avalaugh said:

You only need 8.

Good to know - thx!
So you're definite that the length of the sliding tray is exactly the same as the length of the cupholders?

30 minutes ago, avalaugh said:

You only need 8.

20170615_195227_zpsg3itriyh.jpg

Sorry dude but you are wrong the sliding tray is the full length of the unit cupholder is not hence why you need other parts.

Cup holder ends where my fingers is 

Edited by DaveNE

On 15/06/2017 at 20:48, avalaugh said:

Ah yes I see, you don't have the coin holder though, so those with the coin holder only need the cup holders.

This is right. I have a sliding tray but its separate from my coin holder (it ends where DaveNE's finger is above) so can just be swapped with a cup holder if required.

BMW stating it wont fit if you have the arm rest is just for 'safety' reasons, as obviously the arm rest could knock over a drink sat in the rear holder.

I have Bluetooth button in the console which also fitted iPhone 4.

Just remove it and you can unplug the Bluetooth under console and replace with cup olders.

Bluetooth works fine with pairing button disconnected, if you get new phone just change back to pair new phone and remove again.