uberdrah

Car sale to Poland

13 posts in this topic

uberdrah   

Hi,

I've sold my car on eBay and the buyer is from Poland. They are arranging a transporter to pick the car up and have asked me to register the car to a friend in Leicester, who will then apply for the car to be registered as exported. Or complete section 11 of the v5 which I send off and give the rest of the v5 to the driver of the transporter.

Does this seem ok?

Cheers

momo   

I wouldn't sell abroad personally..

But then again I wouldn't do anything until the money was in my account and cleared!

mjn   

Cancel the sale. The funds will look like they've cleared, so you'll release the car. But then, a short while later, the money transfer will be reversed and you'll have no money or car.

uberdrah   

The money is arriving with the transport. I'm going to check the notes with a uv marker, silver strip etc. If he won't wait or I'm not happy he's not having the car. To be fair I've spoken to the guy he's been upfront. Everything he has said has checked out. 

mjn   

Proceed with caution

A friend sold a FIAT 126 to a chap from Germany (after buying it from Poland himself). A truck turned up, the driver dropped off the money and all was well. I wouldn't let it put me off at all, I'd just be a bit more cautious. If they're paying cash though and the v5 is signed over, I don't see how it's any worse than selling it to a 'normal' buyer. Just make sure you take a walk around video of the guy getting into the car and driving off so that any damage that he might cause was clearly not on the car when you sold it.

This doesn't make sense he wants to purchase a BMW that is RHD and not LHD. Something is wrong here. Esspailly considering Poland is near Germany and you find a better selection.

mjn   
3 hours ago, BavarianDiesel said:

This doesn't make sense he wants to purchase a BMW that is RHD and not LHD. Something is wrong here. Esspailly considering Poland is near Germany and you find a better selection.

When i sold my MkIV Golf, the buyer took it to Bulgaria. Apparently, the quality of cars over there is shocking and he didn't care about the RHD issue.

22 minutes ago, mjn said:

When i sold my MkIV Golf, the buyer took it to Bulgaria. Apparently, the quality of cars over there is shocking and he didn't care about the RHD issue.

My other theory would of been anyone who is living here and from Eastern Europe use the car here but with foreign number plates and beat the speed traps 😁

De Sisti   
13 hours ago, BavarianDiesel said:

My other theory would of been anyone who is living here and from Eastern Europe use the car here but with foreign number plates and beat the speed traps stay within the speed limits.😁

FTFY.;)