Japester

Soft top won't fold

Hi there - new to the forum and loving my fantadtic 2002 e46 330ci. But...in the recent intense heat the hood got half way then slowed to a halt and sank the rest of the way...very slowly. I had to manually lift it out again using the reset button under the rear seat etc. Just tried again today ( still a hot day ! ) and it unlatches from the top of the screen but goes no further. There's a flashing red light. I've checked the fuses...and they seem unbroken although some have slightly discoloured plugs - especially the big red 50amp ones. Your help and thoughts would be VERY much appreciated ! 

Hi mate,

Don't know how you've got on with this but have you checked you tube out as there is loads of vids on various problems. Some times they just need topping up with oil. ARAL VITAMOL” PN 54 34 8 410 000 is suggested on "Bimmer forums" & its pricey.

Please post your cure as loads on here would be interested to know what you found out.