02Anders

To de-badge or not to de-badge...??

- that is the question.

In all honesty, I've probably already made the decision to remove the "330 Ci" badge from the rear of my E46.
But none the less, I'm curious as to what the general view on the subject might be in here...

With the badge:

IMG_3674_zpsn8mxb2l2.jpg

And without thx to a little amateur photoshopping:

IMG_3674_zpsbejehek8.jpg

To me it's just a much cleaner look without.
But what say you lot?

I fancy debadging mine, but then if people assume it's a 330 they might get the wrong idea of BMW's performance as mine is only a 325! As long as you have the best possible engine the badge could be hiding, then it doesn't look like you're trying to hide anything. I say go for it, then throw in a black+white badge, some clean/pressed plates and some shiny new exhaust tips (or polish the existing ones).

25 minutes ago, Benji83 said:

I fancy debadging mine, but then if people assume it's a 330 they might get the wrong idea of BMW's performance as mine is only a 325!

HaHaHa... I admire your devotion to the brand!!  :D  So you will happily sacrifice the look you want the most, just to ensure strangers won't get a bad impression of BMW.  WAUW...  :lol:

But glad you agree with de-badging my 330Ci.  Not too sure about your other suggestions though - I'm just too much of a OEM-junkie.  ;)
My mates often joke that I have Bavarian Blue Blood running through my veins, so there's just no way the BMW roundels on any of my BMW's will ever be without the beautiful Bavarian Blue.  Pressed plates??  Hmmm... maybe.  But it's just something which I link very much to a old classic car.
However, I obviously have to agree with you on the need for some new exhaust tips!  The ones currently on the car are a disgrace.

Remove it. I've had the 330 badge off the back of mine, and my e30 is badgless too.

Interestingly though, I found with my first 330d (which came with the badge initially) I got tailgated/boy racers sat behind me a lot more with the badge removed... Guess they were hopeful for a 318i to annoy or something? This one has always been debadged, and I think the twin 2.5" pipes give a bit of the game away, but this one gets less hassle from people behind.

Edited by TriggerFish

Mmmmm... thoroughly enjoying the warm and fuzzy feeling of people agreeing with my decision...  ;)

What is the cleanest way to get the badges off without damage? I de-badged my old merc and it left dirty marks on the tailgate, I want my 330d to look like it never had a badge