Steffen

BMW M57 technical training documents

I guys

I have found a lot of documents on the internet about the N57 engine and the technology about it. It has been very interesting reading!

But have only found one document about the M57 engine, and would like to read more about the development of the M57 engine.

I have the M57d30tu euro4 engine in my E46 330Cd, And would like to know what has been changed and developed on the M57d30 184hp to the M57d30tu 204hp. Also what the difference is between the 204hp euro3 and 204hp euro4 engine that i have in my car.

I have found some documents in germany, but as my german is very bad i can not read those.

Have any of you thise documents in english??

M57.jpg

m572.jpg

only guessing,but i assume the gearing is different ie 5sp v 6sp and also the mapping and maybe a turbo which has been increased withthe ability to create  more boost ie the redline starts at 4.5k on the 184 bhp and 5k revs on the 204 bhp car

The 204 is a different capacity, different ECU, different injectors, different head(?), different turbo, different HPFP to the 184 (plus more I'm sure). A lot of differences anyway.

Not sure about eu3 to eu4.

I have studied the 2 engines for some time now, but not much info is out there. Most of the studie has been from pictures and other thing online.

The M57d30tu has 2mm longer stroke, different pistons with cuoated skirts, other injectors that can inject 1 more time pr. stroke than the ones used on the 184hp, different ex.manifold in steel and not iron, some has a elctric actuator turbo as mine dos, different cat, different inlet manifold with bigger swirl flaps and some with a electric actuator like on mine, egr cooler, and more censors on the engine. Mine also has a different ECU from the E60 as mine is a 330Cd and not a sedan.

Am i right?? Has anyone seen these docum.ents in english??

Thanks guys 

On 08.07.2017 at 20:44, Steffen said:

I guys

I have found a lot of documents on the internet about the N57 engine and the technology about it. It has been very interesting reading!

But have only found one document about the M57 engine, and would like to read more about the development of the M57 engine.

I have the M57d30tu euro4 engine in my E46 330Cd, And would like to know what has been changed and developed on the M57d30 184hp to the M57d30tu 204hp. Also what the difference is between the 204hp euro3 and 204hp euro4 engine that i have in my car.

I have found some documents in germany, but as my german is very bad i can not read those.

Have any of you thise documents in english??

M57.jpg

m572.jpg

Documents that are of type of instruction are useful papers for people who are owners of equipment to which these documents belong, and for people who are interested in equipment to which these documents belong!

Reading such documents is useful as well as reading any other papers - such as art books, novels, magazines, reviews of books written by professionals who work for the dissertation writing service  Paperial.com, essays, small articles and other types of papers!

In conclusion, I want to say that reading such documentation is useful for people who are mechanics, who are owners of cars, who have problems with some spare parts for the machine, or who need to repair the car but do not understand the mechanics and do not want to be shod.

I rebuilt the Engine on my X3 330D M57TU2 and struggled to find any guides or info, managed to piece mail just enough together to get timing data!! That was about it! Rest was done with trial and error! Very frustrating and time consuming! Good luck, Be interesting to see what you find...

53 minutes ago, evokid said:

I rebuilt the Engine on my X3 330D M57TU2 and struggled to find any guides or info, managed to piece mail just enough together to get timing data!! That was about it! Rest was done with trial and error! Very frustrating and time consuming! Good luck, Be interesting to see what you find...

Haynes has made a repair manual for both the M57tu and M57tu2. I have them. 

Get the one for E90 diesel. 

The enemy of all diesel engines is carbon deposits. The EGR valve which recirculates dirt through the engine to reduce emissions makes this worse. The first step for any poorly running diesel is to strip down the entire intake tract and clean it, especially the EGR valve. Many folk blank off the EGR valve but this may not be legal where you live.

These engines have an internal breather filter, sort of like a second air filter according to the essay writing blog. If the main air filter is dirty then it's time to change both. If you buy a used car just assume the breather filter needs changing and the EGR needs cleaning. From 2004 some got a vortex filter instead.

Diesels take longer to warm up than a petrol engine and if run cold will get dirty very quickly as they don't burn off soot deposits. For this reason you really want to avoid cars that have been used only for lots of short journeys. They will seldom have reached normal operating temperature and will be filthy inside.

I want you to know if you are submitting as a single thesis, then the Methodology should explain what you did, with any refinements that you made as your work progressed. Again, it should have a clear academic justification of all the choices that you made and be linked back to the literature dissertation methodology chapter.