Markus5000

Anyone jerry rigged headlight washers for intercooler spray?

they run so efficiently,,only if going silly power with a hybrid turbo and 535d injectors would any extra cooling be needed..same goes for induction (cais)

never had a problem in hot weather car has nearly 270 bhp with 420ftlbs...only other mod is egr delete.serviced every 10k miles with fuel filter also.

I agree - mine seemed to suffer from heatsoak in the hotter weather, or after a few pulls on dual carriageway. Quite noticeable somewhere like Milton Keynes with a lot of low speed acceleration.

My old 184bhp version suffered too - esp. in the Alps. I can remember it was pretty dead by the end of the Stelvio Pass (as were the brakes!).

I think finding space to mount them would be the biggest problem - it's likely going to be easier to use some fan-style windscreen washers as they're a lot smaller and don't need the same pressure.

39 minutes ago, TriggerFish said:

I agree - mine seemed to suffer from heatsoak in the hotter weather, or after a few pulls on dual carriageway. Quite noticeable somewhere like Milton Keynes with a lot of low speed acceleration.

My old 184bhp version suffered too - esp. in the Alps. I can remember it was pretty dead by the end of the Stelvio Pass (as were the brakes!).

I think finding space to mount them would be the biggest problem - it's likely going to be easier to use some fan-style windscreen washers as they're a lot smaller and don't need the same pressure.

Glad I'm not the only one to notice lol. Fan style. Not come across them before

1 hour ago, RMJ said:

if you really want to see the benefits of throwing water into the mix for some performance benefits, look at water/meth injection... excellent value for money and great for performance/engine health.

Sounds pricey, pretty skint at the mo lol

Peugeot 307 washer jets are the mist type, and dont have much lift for the jets. Ran a set on my old 306 dturbo as intercooler sprays and it did make a differance with the top mounted intercooler on them. Was running 20psi though instead of the stock 15psi.