Mattyp

strange sat nav problems

Please bear with me this is a bit long winded. I have no voice directions from my mk4 sat nav when you select a route. I removed the drive from the back and found I didn't have a TV tuner either. I also noticed the blue plug which is meant to be for the tv tuner is plugged into the sat nav drive. I swapped these round and I get the speech from the sat nav. But no display on the monitor. I borrowed a friends tv tuner and plugged it in. Now the monitor shows the nav screen and tv etc. But no sound what so ever. The orange light won't even light up on the monitor. I had to unplug everything and put it back to how it was 1st time. I also had the unplug the amp and plug it back in so the sound would work on the radio and the orange light is back on the monitor now.

Can anyone help please ?

Hi Mattyp,

You'll need to find known working OEM modules and swap those in to test - hopefully your friend has them. If they work properly, you know you have one or more faulty units. 

I'm not 100% sure what the orange LED indicates, so look that up in the owners manual or look online for that info. 

There's some posts where users have pulled various fuses and then replaced them after a certain amount of time which has resolved these kinds of issues. 

Keep in mind also that the oem modules are getting quite old now and they fail more often. If you *must have oem only* audio modules in your car, then have all of them refurbished and upgraded at Carphonics - http://www.carphonics.co.uk/bmw.htm. Get ready for your wallet to take a bashing !

Cheers, Dennis!