Markus5000

Weird noise when turning hard left

Hi all. Bit of a lengthy post but please bear with me. 
I've been getting an odd noise when I turn left hard. Its like a staccato noise that disappears once I've straightened up. I've jacked up the front end and done the usual wiggling of front wheel to see if there's bearing play but there's none.
I've been looking at some YouTube vids of abs ring probs and going by the staccato noise, when under load, I'm wondering if the abs sensor is contacting the ring. Now presumably this would only happened if there was excessive play in something that stops horizontal motion. Any ideas? Ta all :)

Thanks for looking sam. I don't think its rubbing, had a look and no evidence of this. Only seems to happen when under power in the turn. So only when under load. I tried to get it to do it when driving it with Jo (triggerfish) but sods law, wouldn't do it lol. It seems easier to make the noise now so whatever it is, its got worse

Thanks for looking sam. I don't think its rubbing, had a look and no evidence of this. Only seems to happen when under power in the turn. So only when under load. I tried to get it to do it when driving it with Jo (triggerfish) but sods law, wouldn't do it lol. It seems easier to make the noise now so whatever it is, its got worse
What kind of noise is it you are getting? Is it like a creaking at all? I had a similar problem when turning left sometimes before.. Turned out to be the lower arm ball joint! Just a thought pal!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Beatbox said:

What kind of noise is it you are getting? Is it like a creaking at all? I had a similar problem when turning left sometimes before.. Turned out to be the lower arm ball joint! Just a thought pal!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Its not so much a creak but like I've driven on a rumble strip until I straighten the wheel again :/