Daffy^Duck

Buy e46 or e92?

So I'm looking to upgrade from my 95 corolla (the convenience) to a nice used BMW. I've been looking around and have a friend who is selling his 2004 e46 330CI with 135k km on it. I also came across 2 e92 328xi with around 110k km (2007/2008). Price difference is around 2k. Now I know this is an e46 forum but I would like to get some feedback as to what the community thinks? I love the look on both models but wanted to know whether to get a newer but little less powerful e92 for a little extra, or an beastier e46?

On 11/09/2017 at 09:42, Daffy^Duck said:

So I'm looking to upgrade from my 95 corolla (the convenience) to a nice used BMW. I've been looking around and have a friend who is selling his 2004 e46 330CI with 135k km on it. I also came across 2 e92 328xi with around 110k km (2007/2008). Price difference is around 2k. Now I know this is an e46 forum but I would like to get some feedback as to what the community thinks? I love the look on both models but wanted to know whether to get a newer but little less powerful e92 for a little extra, or an beastier e46?

i have both..although its an e90 saloon..i love the loons and more practical..both are 330d 53 plate e46 and 06 e 90.i must say i like both,,but the e46 edges driveability imho..and on rust,,my e 46 has plenty on rear arches and a little all over the place..e90 not a dot of rust..both are titan silver

Edited by rasa

On 11/09/2017 at 09:42, Daffy^Duck said:

Yeah I've been thinking about an 335i Prices are very good at the moment. An the N54 Engine well a N54.

Sadly it's time to admit that all our beloved E46's are becoming nothing more than rust buckets :(

On 9/12/2017 at 20:23, DaveNE said:

Yeah I've been thinking about an 335i Prices are very good at the moment. An the N54 Engine well a N54.

Sadly it's time to admit that all our beloved E46's are becoming nothing more than rust buckets :(

dont say that i only just got mine,, i didnt like the e90 interior as much as the e46 to be honest,, they both have good and bad points it comes down to what you can live with