avalaugh

Turbo Charged build thread...

I wonder what the fueling and stuff is doing? I guess that's all over the place?

Great news that it fired up though - you must have been pleased! Well done!

Has a base map on it but fueling was very rich, 9.5:1 on idle, only ran it for a minute, sorting it now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After you've run this beast in you've gotta try it with aT66 Hybrid - contact forged down in gloucester about an anti lag system and this thing will sing (as long a you can squeeze the T66 in to the space 

Honestly this HX35 hybrid will be more than enough for what I need, the stock ECU can do launch control, but again I won’t use that, and as good as anti lag sounds, I would look like a bit of a plonker waiting to leave the Shell petrol station [emoji23]

Appreciate the info though.

4 hours ago, avalaugh said:

Honestly this HX35 hybrid will be more than enough for what I need, the stock ECU can do launch control, but again I won’t use that, and as good as anti lag sounds, I would look like a bit of a plonker waiting to leave the Shell petrol station [emoji23]

Appreciate the info though.

Loving this mental image :lol:

It’s up running and on the road.
e89ca4f4770c2fd10fb2f619aca3233a.jpg
15ebbc696ba8be1761b337c601dfcc62.jpg
0b845ec2008576ce6bfed668bf55c860.jpg

Haven’t fitted front mud flaps yet as will be giving the paint a machine polish.

Now it’s a painful 500+ miles of 0 boost and low RPM’s of running in to be done before the tuning can commence

Great news! Lovely car. What's to cost so far? Really tempted now. Any under bonnet shots?

I’d hate to think of total cost, all the little bits like clips, V bands, hoses all start adding up fast.

Let’s just say it’s not cheap, could of easily bought an M3 with the build cost. But so could anyone else, not many are stupid enough to do what I’ve done [emoji23]

I’ll take some more pics over the weekend.

3 minutes ago, avalaugh said:

I’d hate to think of total cost, all the little bits like clips, V bands, hoses all start adding up fast.

Let’s just say it’s not cheap, could of easily bought an M3 with the build cost. But so could anyone else, not many are stupid enough to do what I’ve done [emoji23]

I’ll take some more pics over the weekend.

Yes, done a few projects where I dreaded adding up the total cost. Best not to, eh?

I love the fact it looks so standard, I bet it’ll give some (all) performance cars a shock! I can’t wait to see some synonyms figures. 

Has always been the plan to keep it looking as stock as possible, I’m even raising the ride height back to stock too.

And yes, it’s should embarrass most super cars, and be snapping at the heels of any hyper cars.

The build has the potential to hit 800+bhp, will need a bigger turbo and injectors for that, and some further fueling mods, buts that’s all for 2019 [emoji6]

2020 I turn 40, I have an iron block ready for a 1000hp build, but that’s another storey

How are the poly engine mounts Paul? Much vibration? I need to replace engine and gearbox mounts but was going to go with Oem Bmw items.

I went with MEYLE gearbox mounts and the poly engine mounts, no vibrations [emoji106]

I had fitted poly gearbox mounts with the super charger, took them straight off again, was ridiculous

1 hour ago, avalaugh said:

I went with MEYLE gearbox mounts and the poly engine mounts, no vibrations [emoji106]

I had fitted poly gearbox mounts with the super charger, took them straight off again, was ridiculous

I do recall you saying in your other thread about the gearbox mounts. Strange how they affected it more.

Might go with poly engine mounts and oem gearbox mounts just to stiffen things up a little.

Would you mind sharing where you got the engine mounts ?

Have had poly engine mounts in my track car before and they made the dash vibrate etc i then went on to solid nylon engine and gearbox mounts, your feet would go numb from the vibration but the noise of the car and transmission did sound good but i would never recommend it on a road going car!

I’m out now driving about back roads trying not to spool up the turbo and keep under 3k and not stall it with this silly paddle clutch, it’s like a bloody switch.

Turbo spool very early in rev range, can here it starting to make boost just over 2000rpm [emoji38]

Can’t wait to start actually mapping this, numbers aside, it’s gonna be fooking quick.

10 hours ago, avalaugh said:

I’m hoping this will be one of few cars on the road able to give bikes a good run, I’ve had many bikes, fastest was a 2012 ZX10r which I brought new, that was fun [emoji38]

d243fe16ce0e8367259233099bb451e6.jpg

I’m fairly sure you’ll annoy the crap out of bikes bud. I had a good few bikes too, last one was an r1 many years ago, good times.