Steffen

Gearshift problem 330d

I got my car about a year ago, a 2005 330Cd manual shift with only 46.000km back then. 

But i have troble with the gearshift and making smooth gearshifts. Im not loveing the drive and it hurts the driveing plessure. 

I have tryed mani ways to make it shifting smooth, but almost every time i press the clutch down there is a clonk or bang from the propshaft area. Its like there is load on the shaft and it kicks back when the clutch is pressed Down. 

The only way i can almost remove the kickback is to take the foot off the gaspedal and wait about 1 sec before pressing the clutch down. This will remove the problem when the engine is hot from 3-6 gear. From1-2 gear the noise is allways there...

Some say its the flex disc, but can it really be bad after only 46.000km?? (Now 54.000km) i know the car is 12 years old... But i have hard time understanding that the flex disc could be the problem here. 

What do you think??

99% sure it's the flex disc..

I replaced my original one at 90,000 miles. I fit a genuine BMW disc. At 120,000 miles it needed doing again. Instead, I just live with it. But my disc isn't that bad.

I've seen some which look like they've been mauled by a tiger!!

While you're replacing that, also do the prop centre support bearing..

as above,,i got my centre bearing replaced(meyle) within 6 months it was banging as you describe..when i get it done ,when it proper fails  again ie gearsick shoaking at low speed,i will get rubber doughnut bearing also,as im pretty sure the doughnut must be causing the centre bearing to degenerate..unless the meyle ones are useless,ive read a few posts where the bmw part is better than said after market ones.

3 hours ago, rasa said:

as above,,i got my centre bearing replaced(meyle) within 6 months it was banging as you describe..when i get it done ,when it proper fails  again ie gearsick shoaking at low speed,i will get rubber doughnut bearing also,as im pretty sure the doughnut must be causing the centre bearing to degenerate..unless the meyle ones are useless,ive read a few posts where the bmw part is better than said after market ones.

This is the supplier of the BMW bearing mate:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0068MY3H0/

1 minute ago, Willse46 said:

Along with the flex disc/guibo and centre bearing I can also recommend putting fresh gearbox oil in. 

I used Redline MTL gearbox oil and shifts are a lot smoother. You’ll need two 1litre bottles to refill the box. 

I have 2 liters of Liqui Moly gearbox oil ready for gearbox. I will also change the oil in the diff as well. 

Good man!

The only thing I would say in regards to gearbox oil is that I changed it initially last year and whilst the feeling did slightly improve a stickiness and stiff gear chance returned about 8 months after (recommended Bmw spec).

Searched the US forums and see redtline mtl (for manual boxes not atf) is highly rated. Since putting this in mine it’s made a night & day difference  

I’m sure yours will still feel good with fresh oil in