Sambaines22

Remapping a high mile 330cd

I really want to map my car, for abit more power , nothing crazy maybe just up to 250bhp or so. Its a 2004 204bhp model, but The car has 150k on The clock. Its an automatic but i had the gearbox fully refurbed about 7k ago so that not a worry. But someone has said I need to watch out for the turbo on a car with these miles. It's been well looked after and regularly serviced act, it has also had dpf and back box delete, as well  as swirl flaps and all that stuff blanked off. 

Has anyone mapped a high-miler before or have any advice. Also is It a big job to replace a turbo if it goes, I've seen the refurbed turbo units for sale for about £350 which isnt bad but is it a huge job to swap them . ? 

Shouldn't be a problem.. Mapped mine at 85k. It's now on 140k - no issues! If the turbo is goosed, it's goosed! It's not the remaps fault (unless it's done by a monkey).You should be able to go up towards 280bhp on the standard turbo but at that level you're pushing it!

Also, E46's don't have DPF's..

Mine was mapped at over 200,000 miles. (Albeit it a 184.)

It died at 250,096 miles as something somewhere in the injection system failed (HPFP for FPR, I think). 

I think it was the original turbo 'til the end too. Not had to replace one, but access looks awkward.

my turbo is original 147k now,,bought car with 97k 4 years ago..was already mapped(badly) new map and car is still as good as day i got it,although it looks a bit scarred now with the patches of rust on rear arches,not a dot on front arches.

Sorry I meant the cat has been taken out not the dpf my mistake. Good to hear it's not asking for trouble, I spoke to a local bmw mechanic who said if I get a decent map on it and just change the oil abit more regular than normal it should be fine :) the car has been looked after it's been bmw service stamped up all the way through so I'm not too worried the bloke I'm going to get to remap it does it properly on the rolling road rather than just a plug and play job, he seems to think I can get an extra 95bhp and 125lbs torque. This is a lot more than i was expecting, and to be honest as much as I want that much power , I think it would be safer to maybe stick around the 260bhp 500lbs mark.

i wouldnt be mapping the car with them figures with an auto box,they are not the best in e46,they are better in the e90.also they seem very high figyres for the e46 330d, 

Had my 330d mapped at about 150k miles. That was original turbo, but with decat, swirl flaps blanked off, manual box, etc

Those numbers sounds like he's talking about the E90 330d as they have 240bhp.. So mapping to 290bhp is ok. I'd double check with him that he's aware it's an E46 330d. It'll be 500NM, not lb/ft. It's closer to 400lb/ft.

yup.my e46 265 bhp 510 nm 420ftbls. and my e90 is 305 bhp with 695 nm and 510 ftlbs..i