Robotson

What's the best OEM-looking Android unit now?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone's got any ideas which is the best Android unit for the e46 now? 

Erisin seemed to be the best ones with the proper e46-like buttons (unless anyone knows of better 'brands' now?) .. But I'm confused about the difference between two of their models..

You've got this one: https://www.erisin.com/car-stereo-dvd-erisin-es4746b-7-android-71-dab-dvr-gps-for-bmw-e46_p941.html which is the the more recent, and has Android 7.1.. 

And this one: https://www.erisin.com/erisin-es6046b-7-android-60-bmw-e46-car-dvd-gps-system-3g-bluetooth_p810.html which has 6.0..

but the spec for the Android 6.0 one seems to be better, which is weird when it's the older model? The CPU is a PX3 in the Android 7.1 unit and a PX5 in the 6.0 .. wouldn't you think PX5 would be the later/faster model?!

Android 7.1 version spec: 

General
- Power Supply: DC 12V (allowance range: 10.8-14.5V)
- Max. Current: 10A
- Screen Size: 7 inch
- Front panel Size: 248mm(Top width)*118mm(High)*246mm(Bottom width)
- Package Size: 340mm*270mm*200mm
- Shipping Weight: 4.0kg

System
- Operation System: Google Android 7.1.2
- CPU: Rockchips PX3 1608MHz
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Memory: 16GB
- Extended Card/USB: Support USB/SD up to 32GB

Android 6.0 version spec: 

General
- Power Supply: DC 12V (allowance range: 10.8-14.5V)
- Max. Current: 10A
- Screen Size: 7 inch
- Front panel Size: 248mm(Top width)*118mm(High)*246mm(Bottom width)
- Package Size: 340mm*270mm*190mm
- Shipping Weight: 4.0kg

System
- Operation System: Google Android 6.0.1
- CPU: Rockchips PX5 1512MHz
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal 
Memory: 26.64GB
- Extended SD Card: Support TF Card up to 32GB

I’d worry more about the RAM difference than the CPU spec. 16gb isn’t a lot, mine struggles to deal with waze and Spotify at the same time. If there are background processes going on the playback can get very choppy. 

55 minutes ago, incredirog said:

I’d worry more about the RAM difference than the CPU spec. 16gb isn’t a lot, mine struggles to deal with waze and Spotify at the same time. If there are background processes going on the playback can get very choppy. 

The 16GB is the ROM though - where programs are stored. That's just storage space. The 2GB is the RAM - which is about how many programs you can use at once without it going choppy and slowing down. My Erisin 6046B has 2GB and its fine with multiple apps. 

That one you've linked to seems to have exactly the same stats as the Erisin. They both have the OEM look buttons so they're probably identical inside too tbh. 

37 minutes ago, Robotson said:

The 16GB is the ROM though - where programs are stored. That's just storage space. The 2GB is the RAM - which is about how many programs you can use at once without it going choppy and slowing down. My Erisin 6046B has 2GB and its fine with multiple apps. 

That one you've linked to seems to have exactly the same stats as the Erisin. They both have the OEM look buttons so they're probably identical inside too tbh. 

Haha yeah you’re correct, mine also a erisin 6046 struggles, especially in the heat. It’s running the Malaysk ROM and a car launcher on top of that so i’m really pushing the systems resources. A better place for information on these headunits is the XDA forum.