Andy G

e46 options, the rare ones

I'm just going through a mild resto on my oxford green 330d and have been looking at the options the car has, it has stuff like nappa leather, heated seats, xenon lights etc etc however it got me wondering what are the rarer options that although you know they were available, were hardly ever fitted and as a result are very few and far between on used cars today.

I'm thinking that while mine is apart, I'll see what I can add, one is the head unit/speakers etc (I know I can use an android unit but just looking to see what OEM items there were about).

Any ideas guys? Individual items or just plain options available from BMW?

I have the sun blind :) So much more useful at night than it is any other time - esp. with all these big fake 4x4s shining in my mirror! 

Leather dash/extended leather, rear door airbags and booster seats must be some of the rarest. 

I don't imagine there's too many with lumbar support either (I have this - really improves the seats!)

Rear sunblind as well? Interesting, my old SE had lumbar support.

I see on some of the US pages that they had a storage option for the rear armrest, not sure what that really was.

So we have so far:

• Headlight cornering lights
  • Blaupunkt Hamburg to replace the head unit
  • Rear seat in built boosters
  • Rear blind
  • Rear door blinds (maybe?)
  • Leather dash
  • Extended leather
  • Rear door airbags
  • lumbar support