thefastestMelv

330D Auto Tuning?

I've just bought my 1st 330d, Its a 2003 M-Sport Auto and I love it, theres a few specs of rust to be sorted out but I'll sort that in the new year, 

I've had petrol turbo cars in the past and I'm keen to here the snail spooling up so I'll be ditching the cat pipe and back box. 

My question is has anyone here had any dramas with remapping an Auto? I hate EGR valves and I'll be getting it mapped out so I might as well squeeze a few more smelly oily ponies out of the lump while I'm there. 

184 or 204 bhp..and the auto is capable of being mapped to around 240-250 bhp pretty safely..the 184 bhp car maybe 220 bhp..have a look at ypur rev counter,,wheer does the red line start,,ie 184=4.5k and the 204=5k revs red line..also see if its got an egr stat.it will also have and egr cooler if it has the stat,,and it will be a euro4 car,i have a 53 plate facelift 204 bhp model but is a euro 3 without the stat and cooler.also do a hidden menu temp test,see if it reaches over 90 degrees,if not the stats will need changed ie main and egr if its got one..

2 hours ago, thefastestMelv said:

I'm pretty sure its a 184, Where and what is the hidden menu test? 

just search hidden menu  on this site in search on right upper of page.it is a way of getting into your water temp test and loads of other tests..

I'm pretty sure a 2003 will be 204Hp

Mine's a 184 Auto, been remapped for sometime now with no issues - BUT I did get the gearbox oil and bits changed to be safe. The car is now 220Hp with 400 lb/f torque

It might be worth checking into swirl flaps first, if you have them, take them out!!!!!!!!

Edited by The_Judge_

ive seen some 2003 cars which have the older engine,,mine is a 53 plate september 2003 car,,i suppose the build date might be a clue,although if bmw had engines left over into the changeover year then they will have used them..