momo

Guibo (AKA Flex Disc) info..

Not sure if people know this or not but thought i'd post the info anyway:

Had to change my Flex disc on the prop shaft recently.

2nd time i've had to do it on my car now. First time I bought from my local BMW dealership for ~£120 thinking OEM is best.

Tried Cotswold on here and they quoted over £140. No thanks. Not paying that for an item that can only last a couple of years.

As with most things I always try to find out who the manufacturer of the original item is but found there's almost no info as to who manufactures the flex discs.

Found a Febi disc on Amazon for £60:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BK2EH92/

Thinking Febi are generally a decent brand I bit the bullet and ordered it.

When I took the old one out and compared the 2 - you could actually see on the Febi one where they'd blanked the BMW logo! The other numbers/markings were all the same.

So there you have it - i'm 99% sure Febi make them for BMW. Save yourself ~£80 and get the OEM quality one from Febi.

You'll often find the same with Lemforder parts too - same markings/moudlings etc, inc. the space for the BMW logo. :)

I've ordered paper gaskets from BMW in the past, and had 'Elring' (I think it was Elring anyway) parts arrive - gaskets with Elring wrriten all over them. No attempt at all to disguise the fact either.

Edited by TriggerFish

Yup. There's loads out there..

Pretty sure Lemforder also do the rear top shock mounts?

Febi = Centre Support Bearing
Hella = Oil level sensor
Beru = Glow plug control unit
Philips = OEM Xenon bulbs

To name a few.. There's a shed load more.

I just couldn't find anything regarding the Flex Disc online so thought i'd post it up there to make sure others know for future reference.

There's still a fair few that are dealer only though even though they're outsourced, such as the DSC pressure sensor on the master cylinder. I found the manufacturer but they only sell via dealers. Booooo!

will be doing mine soon along with maybe centre bearing..nice to know as i was quoted over £170 from cotswolds for both.