JayP07

How to undo these condenser connectors?

4 posts in this topic

JayP07   

Afternoon all,

I have a bad water leak and just wanted to get some pointers before I start sorting it after work.

Just want someone to confirm - How does this connector come off? the leak is coming from the top one....

standing at the front of the car they plug into the condenser on the right hand side.

image.png.297c404d54e08fb88fb072597bf15035.png

image.png.545bf6ee12c657842197e3dcd94578ba.png

Much appreciated!

Jason

you can get a special tool for those connectors, I forget what it’s called though, looks like a little cube that fits over the connector. it’s a quick release connection, you have to press the black plastic inwards while keeping it flat so even pressure all the way around which releases the tabs inside allowing you to remove the hose. I attempted this with spanner’s on my power steering hoses and one came off and I had to cut the second one. 

CTA Tools 3466 BMW Power Steering and Transmission Line Disconnect Tool https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009VI9P62/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_30ooAbND71SJ6

if you search for diy’s on power steering hoses that may help.

Edited by incredirog
updates

JayP07   
On 12/19/2017 at 10:42, incredirog said:

you can get a special tool for those connectors, I forget what it’s called though, looks like a little cube that fits over the connector. it’s a quick release connection, you have to press the black plastic inwards while keeping it flat so even pressure all the way around which releases the tabs inside allowing you to remove the hose. I attempted this with spanner’s on my power steering hoses and one came off and I had to cut the second one. 

CTA Tools 3466 BMW Power Steering and Transmission Line Disconnect Tool https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009VI9P62/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_30ooAbND71SJ6

if you search for diy’s on power steering hoses that may help.

Thanks for the reply mate and pointing me in the right direction :) What a pain in the butt tool... Think i'm go to have to try some small screwdrivers first.

JayP07   

Just to update this topic... the round black plastic bit at the front of this connector is supposed to be the release tool for a spring in side the connection and by pulling it back evenly you release the spring and can pull off the hose.