JayP07

Help with finding these in REALOEM please!

Hi guys,

I must be doing something stupid but I can't find these two ac hose in realoem.

my car is a 2000 e46 3.18i saloon, registered in June

Can someone point me in the right direction please? Here is a pic of the two hoses. I have taken the air filter out in this picture. This is the right of the radiator and the hoses connect to the ac condenser.

Many thanks

Jay

ac-hoses.jpg

Im fairly sure thats the power steering lines as they are push fit fittings ? Aircon pipes and condenser is located on the drivers side and they usualy have a bolt holding the pipes in due to the pressure. 

6 hours ago, R11CH said:

Im fairly sure thats the power steering lines as they are push fit fittings ? Aircon pipes and condenser is located on the drivers side and they usualy have a bolt holding the pipes in due to the pressure. 

Hey Rich, thanks for the post - Never considered that as it looks like water that leaks out of the top one. Yep I agree on the drivers side are two aircon hoses connected by bolts. I'll have a look and see... I appreciate another brain looking at it :)

22 hours ago, Andy G said:

Thanks a lot for posting Andy! Yep that confirms what I found after reading Rich's post - It's part 11 in the first link! The only thing I don't get is that the liquid coming out of it is clear and I would expect it to be brownish if it is coming from the power steering reservoir?

Thats why I couldn't find it in the beginning because I thought it was coolant... My coolant light is definitely coming on because of it - Confused.com!!  

1 hour ago, R11CH said:

Sure its not a cracked expansion tank spraying over the pipes giving the impression its leaking from them ?

Have you removed the pipe yet ?

Tried getting the pipe off on Friday but it was really no tight and bloody freezing so had to give it up - bought a 90 degree pliers this weekend so will try again this week. I've got a video of it and its definitely a slow drip coming out of the front end of the pipe near the release tool 

Video 12-12-2017, 16 39 07

But a crack in the expansion tank is a good shout and I will double check it.

Edited by JayP07

18 hours ago, R11CH said:

If it was powersteering leaking it would be brown/black.

AC pipes are on the other side.

My bets on the cooling system leaking and making it look like its from them pipes. E46s suffer with the expansion tank cracking etc.

That's what I thought, brown/black... thats why it threw me.

Yep agreed there are definitely AC pipes on the drivers side.

Yeah I'm very conscious of the expansion tank problem with E46's - I'll have a double check just in case before I buy a new hose.

Couldn't get the damn thing off last week so I've both a pair of 90 degree pliers which should do the job.

Thanks for the post Rich!