kirkynut

Coding for auto mirror fold in

I have mirrors that fold in electronically from a press of the button on the mirror control switch on the drivers door.

I have a mate with some sort of aftermarket coding equipment that can code bits on BMW's. Before I ask him for a favour to code my mirrors to automatically fold in then the car is locked, is this possible with the set up my car has?

I'm guessing yes but wanted to check before I ask him to do the impossible. He's an ex Volvo technician but good with all things cars and car electronics.

Kirkynut

From memory (and based on it not working on my neighbour's car when I tried for him the other week) you need folding mirrors AND memory seats/mirrors for the folding on the key to work.

You need to make trace changes to the GM5 to tell it to fold on lock, and also on each of the mirror modules themselves.

Lovely, cheers. I'll not ask him to achieve the impossible then as I don't have the memory seats and therefore must have the wrong body control module from what you are saying.

I'll just continue to press the button when I think I need to fold them in, which is still more convenient than walking aroundthe car doing it by hand.

Thanks again. 

Kirkynut 

Not so much a case of having the wrong module, but not having any module at all :) I believe any GM5 can support it, but not without the right modules being present for the mirrors.