fleetpete9871

fleetpete9871

Hello, I'm a new member...and a new E46 (328i) owner. Just a bit puzzled with the car, in that the car is great, good looking & runs well but; when I look in the handbook it's telling me I have cruise control etc. in a multi function steering wheel - but I don't have a multi function steering wheel fitted! The car is a 1998 manufacture on an 'S' plate, registered in Jan. 1999. So, can anybody tell me that that model did not have this steering wheel, or that it's been maybe damaged & replaced in the past? The car has the newer style headlights so, as I said I'm a bit puzzled! Please help if you can...thanks.

Not sure but you have to remember that generally all the manuals are generic for the year. Mine has loads of info about petrol cars but I have a 330d.

Best way to check is to ask your local BMW for a build sheet which shows all the options your car was specc'd with - it'll tell you on that.

HI, thanks for your replies, they were both helpful. I spoke to BMW who told me that when the car was purchased (Jan 99), the new owner didn't take up any of the options so, having seen the multi-function add-ons on Ebay, does anybody know if there is the  opportunity to add these 'steering wheel multi purpose add-ons' at this later date, i.e. is the software available in the car already?