Sign in to follow this  
AndyC_67

Rear parking sensor removal

Hi I have a 2004 330ci convertible. It has the M Sport bumpers  etc. One of the rear parking sensors is faulty. I scanned to see which one is faulty and it's the outer drivers side. When I select reverse there is a constant beep...even with nothing behind. The scan tool shows this one going full on straight away. (Odd as all 4 tick as they should). Anyway my question is whether or not they are removable without removing the whole bumper assembly? Any ideas? Thanks

Edited by AndyC_67

9 hours ago, AndyC_67 said:

Hi I have a 2004 330ci convertible. It has the M Sport bumpers  etc. One of the rear parking sensors is faulty. I scanned to see which one is faulty and it's the outer drivers side. When I select reverse there is a constant beep...even with nothing behind. The scan tool shows this one going full on straight away. (Odd as all 4 tick as they should). Anyway my question is whether or not they are removable without removing the whole bumper assembly? Any ideas? Thanks

yep,they are.. you have to revove the plastic trim on the bumper,,just be careful when doing it,the little bend bit feels hard to renove but it will pop off..same with the rear straight bit..

With M-Sport bumper you have to remove complete bumper, it really is a very easy job, 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I had a feeling the whole thing would need to come off as they are direct in bumper rather than in a piece of trim. Do you know of any good guides how to do this....or should I just not be lazy and Google it myself??!!

Thanks my friend!

3 hours ago, avalaugh said:

With M-Sport bumper you have to remove complete bumper, it really is a very easy job, 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

must be different on the m sport saloon as its only the trim needed to get at them.

6 hours ago, rasa said:

must be different on the m sport saloon as its only the trim needed to get at them.

It is.. Saloon/Touring had the black trim around the whole car. Coupe/Vert doesn't.

It's a bumper off job on them unless it's SE - then I think it's built into the bottom diffuser type piece and I think you can reach up into it? Or remove it? Not sure..

Edited by momo