Sign in to follow this  
Vidal

Streaming through standard headset

I've seen a few threads on this but just thought I'd make my own little contribution.

Fitted one of these yesterday:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Music-Hands-free-MP3-CD-changer-adapter-BMW-E36-E46-Z3-Business-radio/111573317902?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

Plugs in to the back of the existing head unit and allows you to listen to music from your phone and make/receive phone calls...... all pretty standard stuff nowadays and it works really well, even with the steering wheel controls.

I just wondered if anyone has used it in conjunction with PLEX? 

I've got a home media server running PLEX with all of my music on a NAS device hard wired to every room in the house, but what I can also do is (with a decent data allowance) stream all of my music to my car via the PLEX app on my mobile.... that's literally hundreds of CD's that I can access through my mobile and stream to my car stereo.

Quite surreal having it on random play, this morning, on my drive to work I went from Matt Monro to Slipknot and lots in between......... Couldn't decide whether to cuddle my colleagues when I got in, or stab them!!!