joey_d

Tyre pressures

Hi guys. I have the 18" 20 spoke MV alloys on mine - 225 40s on the front and 255 35s on the rear.

What tyre pressures should I have?

The sticker on the door says some thing... the book says something else... an Internet site told me another figure... It seems tricky because AFAIK the MV alloys are an optional extra... and I don't know if BMW changed the door sticker / book for every optional extra alloy wheel & size.

Would 32 all round sound about right to you? Some places seem to suggest 40+ which seems like a rock hard pressure!

I have Eagle F1 run-on-flats on the rear (I can't ever afford to replace those with the same tyres again so I am making them last!) and... something... on the front. Nothing special as far as I know.

The guy who sold it to me said he always had all 4 at 30, which seems a little soft to me but then I have never had 18" low profile tyres before so maybe that is normal?

Help!! :rolleyes:

PS2? A what? I assume that is a tyre, not a gaming console...

I shall go and stick some Tesco's own air into my tyres tonight then. I'm sure there is better branded air out there, but Tesco air is after all free! Hopefully my MPG may go up by about .1 or .2 then! Woo! Result! Hmm...

Experiment a little and run what you like the feel of mate.

I prefer slightly higher than most in the dry in my 205/55 R 16 Sport Contact 2's.

My girlfriend doesn't understand how I can "feel" if any of my tyres are lower than I like and usually I can tell which wheel lol! I pull into tesco garage saying OSR wheel is a bit low and check it and its maybe 4psi or so lower than the near side!

But then again she doesn't get the difference between an arrowspeed and a continental etc.

Sean