jcjdavis1

Error faults

14 hours ago, jcjdavis1 said:

Hi, Where is the camshaft sensor outlet on a 1999 323i , coming up as a fault.

Burning fail on cylinder 5, possible reasons please , thanks for the help.  Jim

Front of the engine block, left hand side under the vanos - 15 min job to replace.

11 hours ago, jcjdavis1 said:

No, a few different faults popped up, going to check for a vacuum leak as both lambda sensors came up at the same time as faulty also misfires on cylinder 5 then 3.. Thanks for the help Jim

Sounds like vac leak somewhere. Check the intake boots, especially the lower one with the elbow bit, thats notorious for splitting and also the top ccv pipe that runs across the top of the intake manifold next to the fuel rail. 

Hi spot on, vacuum pipe running along the top, 4" tear. Got a new pipe from BMW but it had a connector at one end that didn't fit, so had to cut it off.  add a bit of the old using a  jubilee clip  job done. Thanks for your help. Jim

2 hours ago, jcjdavis1 said:

Hi spot on, vacuum pipe running along the top, 4" tear. Got a new pipe from BMW but it had a connector at one end that didn't fit, so had to cut it off.  add a bit of the old using a  jubilee clip  job done. Thanks for your help. Jim

Excellent! A nice easy fix... glad to hear it.

Mine went too, they all do eventually. The one I replaced mine with was the cold weather version which had more insulation around it and the internal pipe was much harder.