incredirog

Black 330d Sport Touring

Hold up - what do you have now? Factory halogens?

So you mean you want xenon's instead of halogens or the full quad projector setup?

If you have halogens and want xenon's then why not just get some depo headlights?

I think technically, according to the letter of the law if you have OEM xenons then you need to have the level sensors and headlight washers fitted.

BUT what if they're not present to be tested? I think that's how most get around it..

I think you'll be fine tbh.

This evening I have installed a wash stalk out of an E53 X5 with the additional S button wired up to the GM5 module (pin 12 of the 54pin plug) to activate the headlight wash. it’s not quite what I was expecting, I assumed a single press would activate the cycle. It’s not, it’s on for the duration you hold the button in. I wired in a kill switch as the circuit is constant live and my kids are challenging! I’m going to fix this in the near future with a switching relay on the accessory circuit. and bonus, I’ve now mastered disassembling bmw module plugs! think I’ll take on the power fold mirror retrofit next! 

ah I’m such an idiot! in my defence I was a bit tired when I wired the switch in, just realised I could have avoided putting a hole in my dash and just wired a switching relay up to the headlights!

The“S” button on the stalk will now only activate the headlamp wash when the headlights are on, just need to find something else to run off the surplus dash switch now! probably an isolator for the rear screens so I can punish the kids for kicking the back of my chair!!!

first problem with the led headlight bulb upgrade is the bulb holders are completely  wrong. fortunately you can get adapters which click in to the lamp housing and allow the heat sink to pass out the back. the original holder remains in place tucked out of the way as the wire from the led bulb plugs in to the original holder. 

next problem is going to be the halogen reflector, I’ve read enough about it now to know that I’m going to need projectors for a legal beam pattern. I’ve found some, nice and cheap, but I’m worried about my ability to reverse the procedure. 

also im going to have to replace my yellow AE’s with white to tie it all together! 

picked up the nappa non-sport extended leather interior today and it’s in phenomenal condition. absolutely no holes anywhere and very few scuffs. I’m torn now as in my mind I was just going to strip the front seats for the lumbar and take the frames to the dump but they’re too good for that. the E53 interior is arriving on a pallet tomorrow so I’ll make my mind up when I see it I guess.

Edited by incredirog

have wired in the heated seats now, extra toasty on the school run! I’m dissatisfied with how the under seat looms look now that 3 interiors have been spliced together so I’m gonna go back in and sort it into one thick bundle popping neatly out of the carpet.

also fired up NCSexpert and coded the TPMS system to operate and have run the wire from the DSC module to centre console. Tempted to let some air out of one and see if it works!!