incredirog

Black 330d Sport Touring

I got some 215/40’s mounted on the 9j rear style 32’s and with all three kids and a fat Labrador in the boot riding on the knackered SE rear suspension it has the very slightest almost unnoticeable rub under full compression. When I put the H&R rear set up on I’ll crank the camber bolt round to max neg camber and cross my fingers 

Edited by incredirog

Isn't the ARB size dependent on engine rather than spec? No harm in changing though.. I think a popular upgrade on 330d's used to be M3 ones. Remember reading that when the forum was still popular! 🤣

but the rear ends must all weigh roughly the same? anyway I changed it so everything sport has now been changed over apart from rear brakes and front ARB actually rides better than the 330d, not as crashy, fat girls that they are, I might do the front at a later date, can’t really tell any difference on the school run but I mainly want the suspension set up for wet round abouts, the 318 doesn’t break free as easily as the 330d so need all the help I can get 🤣

15 hours ago, momo said:

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/33551095758/

Looks like it's the same one used on all models!

Front is different between models though.. - http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/31356757168/

I had the two laid out on the floor side by side, 2002 318i SE was definitely thinner than the 2003 330d rear ARB

19mm for the 330d sport, 15mm for the 318i SE according to the part info. So yep!

Although there's a 1.5mm difference on the front! lol.

24mm for 330d sport, 22.5mm for the 318i SE (23mm if it was a sport).

Suppose it's worth a free upgrade later down the line if you already have it?

Thank you, yeah the headlights are coming over, the inners were from an American site called theretrofitsource. They fit much the same way as the retro fit HiD’s do with a locking ring through the bulb hole. They were pretty cheap, but I made the mistake of selecting express shipping and paid about a hundred quid on shipping!!! The light out put with the bi-xenon shutter working is pretty impressive. My issue though is I don’t want anything on the car to look pikey so I need to plan the wiring a bit better than last time as it was so bad I got an advisory for untidy wiring 🤣

I can’t believe how not interested I am in doing this interior swap! Just spent the day stripping down electric X5 seats to use on manual frames because I can’t be arsed with wiring them in, also took the opportunity to retrofit lumbar support which I also can’t be arsed to wire in but that may change in the future. Similarly I can’t be bothered to wire in the heated seat pads either. Donor car is almost a shell now hoping the poorly fitted scrap suspension doesn’t collapse when being dragged off the drive 🤣

it’s done, I’ve pulled absolutely everything I want off it, be sad to see her go, a flawless car in all regards. only ever truly out gunned by proper performance vehicles. a fond memory of getting the launch on an E60 M5 touring, not convinced he knew we were racing, before being absolutely annihilated. good times, no more updates this car is dead. thanks for reading.