BOB_330

Style 32 wheels on 330ci

9 posts in this topic

BOB_330   

I appreciate this will have been covered many times before, however I have gone through the past topics but can't find a definitive answer.

I am looking at getting a staggered set of style 32's for my 330ci facelift. It's currently on coilovers but not slammed by any means, just slightly lower than eibach sportlines.

Will these wheels (rear 9j/et 22 & front 8j/et20) fit my coupe without rubbing, arches have never been touched and I don't plan to. I am happy to run max negative camber on the rear stock arms as I currently have but I don't want to roll the arches etc. 

Tyres, I am thinking 215/40/18 for both the rear and front., fronts could also be 205/40/18. 

Would I get rubbing with this set up, considering the max neg camber, the tyre stretch and being slightly lowered to rid of the arch gap.

Thanks 

Morning Bob, I’ll have a quick search on here as there’s quite a few topics. I’m not 100% sure but it’s been done many times :thumbup:

The above post by Jay gives all the links to his various Topics, again all pics gone. 

BOB_330   

Cheers for this Daz, much appreciated. Photobucket have indeed f**ked everything up, so annoying!!

I do like the 32s but I my only concern which is stopping me from getting these wheels is running a 215 tyre on the back which I understand is required to make them wheels work. I just think its too skinny and fact that I have a 330ci makes it worse as your playing with more power which imo requires a bigger tyre.

I am currently running 255/30/19 so would really feel it having a 215 on the back, what's your opinion on this?

Sure I get that with the tyre sizes. It’s always best to have the widest tyre you can fit, that’s a problem running aggressive fitment wheels like these. I wonder if a 225/35 would work on the rears ? Still not ideal .... 

BOB_330   

I have come to the conclusion that I won't be getting these wheels now, I don't think I'd be comfortable with a 215 or even a 225 on the back. I would put minimum 235/35 and that would be on a 9.5j as well. 

2clubsp   

You made the correct choice, IMHO.

I'd love to find a set style 78 2-piece wheels that came on the Z4, but have only seen one set in over 12 months and missed those.

img-2641-7234527536036569714.JPG

Edited by 2clubsp