rasa

pot hole took me out

11 posts in this topic

rasa   

as title,,huge potholes..hit one and its snapped something in the suspension,got recoveerd by my indy as his son does recovery..i was 14 miles from home...put com-laint in and doing the route of trying to get northumberland council to foot the bill..2mpot holes about 3ftx1.5ft  and 4 inches deep.covered in water so they were hard to see on a 60 mph road,,i was doing about 50,,what a crashing sound it made,thought my alloy and tyre had exploded but they looked fine,,cars at garage for inspection next couple of days,,took pucs etc,,1 man was watching,,,he came over and explained that he was there to take pics as he detroyed 2 tyres the day before,,this was my e46 330d

momo   

Damn. Hope you get it sorted mate.

Dee330Ci   

Good luck dude, I’ve just had to replace two front tyres and get a wheel repaired, cost around £600 for everything and the council has come back with compensation totalling £83?!

rasa   
6 hours ago, Dee330Ci said:

Good luck dude, I’ve just had to replace two front tyres and get a wheel repaired, cost around £600 for everything and the council has come back with compensation totalling £83?!

omg what a joke,,ill jst take rebvenge on the bin men or summit,,fill my bins with sand so they cannot lift them ha ha 

Sorry to hear this driving is not driving anymore its just trying to avoid pot holes and being always on edge.

Roads are the worst they have ever been since I started driving in 1984 total Joke.

Good luck. Jeremy

Ruesta   
On 06/04/2018 at 07:21, rasa said:

as title,,huge potholes..hit one and its snapped something in the suspension,got recoveerd by my indy as his son does recovery..i was 14 miles from home...put com-laint in and doing the route of trying to get northumberland council to foot the bill..2mpot holes about 3ftx1.5ft  and 4 inches deep.covered in water so they were hard to see on a 60 mph road,,i was doing about 50,,what a crashing sound it made,thought my alloy and tyre had exploded but they looked fine,,cars at garage for inspection next couple of days,,took pucs etc,,1 man was watching,,,he came over and explained that he was there to take pics as he detroyed 2 tyres the day before,,this was my e46 330d

I friend of mine did this, blew out a tyre and cracked a wheel on a 4 year old BMW 3 series estate. The guy was in his 70's btw. SO he figured he would go through his insurance to claim off the council. It didn't go well. The council refused to accept responsibility so his insurance company had to foot the bill and unfortunately his no claims discount was unprotected so he lost it and now pays over £1200 to insure a 2.0L diesel BMW 3 Series estate! Our roads are an absolute joke! I must look like a crazy drunk person driving about avoiding all the holes etc... I now find my self keeping one eye on the road ahead and the other on the actual road looking out for pot holes - its bloody dangerous! I've only been driving 20 years but I know for sure they were never this bad when I first started driving.

rasa   

exactly..ive just drove my usual roads and its like downhill slalom skiiing..should be a competition for driving without hitting one..olympics maybe.

MICK 330   

Agreed our roads & councils are a joke!!!!!

Nearly had me off my motorbike today trying to avoid the buggers! 

Making a claim is a painful process.......They have made sure of that!!!

rasa   

insurance company for the council has contacted me and wants more pics of road etc,,google earth was easiest way to show and pinpoint the road,,will also get my own oics,,some more of the whole area,

dunk1   

Hope you get paid out, i'd have a very close look at the wheel and the tyre, especially if the wheels are cast Aluminium.

The roads are a joke, even major roads inc motorways are in a shocking state 

rasa   

wheel is back on now,,the pieces that came off were welded back in,,quote a good job,,charged me £30