alberfb88

Noise under acceleration. Video inside

Check the condition of the guibo and CSB.

You'll have to have the car up on a ramp and to check the CSB properly you'll have to remove the exhaust and heatshield (or at least drop them if not remove them).

i got my flex disc and centre bearing and centering bush from buycarparts.co.uk(german company) and delivered from germany,,i also got new bolts for the disc...aint a hard job but i would take it to a garage as as has been said,,it would be difficult on stands..exhaust off etc..my indy fitted new front shocks at the same time and rear pads,,he charged me £120 total for all,,which was good.parts were around      £150 for disc/bearing/centering bush and disc bolts...all febi bilstein,,which someone traced are what bmw used as oem parts,,and always fit the flex disc with the little arrows facing the gearbox

well i was told that the last owner must've hit the propshaft against a speed bump hard or something and one of the parts was loose and propshaft could fail anytime soon.

yeah great relief, thought i would've have to pay a lot more :D

14 hours ago, momo said:

Jeez! What happened to the prop to make it sound like that?

Either way, glad you got to the bottom of it.

Hmmmm.. Alarm bells ringing!!

Prop shaft is tucked away above the exhaust and behind a heat shield. Its pretty much impossible to get damaged like that.

Personally - doesn't matter if those parts were fine or not, for the sake  of £100 in parts, i'd replace them so you don't need to get back under there again.

Either way, glad its sorted!

1. thats wat i was thinking,,i would of said centre bearing,,that can make the shaft flop about,,but maybe its flopped about too much and damaged it..either way id replace the centre bearing and centering bush,,also flex disc and bolts,,,even when flex disc and centre bearing get replaced,,it can still produce vibrations if the £7 centering bush has not been replaced  ....very worth while doing the centering bush..