Jaret83mk1

Drivers window not working?

Hey guys new to this forum and read a lot of helpful threads in the past. Hoping you can help solve my window issue..

I've got a 2003 320ci, the drivers window has never worked in the 2 years of owning it. After fixing the sunroof, changing over a broken bumper and other odd jobs (I bought a pile of sh** but it's a low mileage good runner) thought it's time I fixed the window. 

So door card off, check the motor and regulator which seem fine, tried the window switch and you can clearly hear a click from the motor when you pull the switch. So I know there's power. I've swapped out both motor and regulator but I have the same problem. The window just won't move?

I've disconnected the motor from the regulator to test the motor independently and the motor will turn only in the upward direction. This it the same with both motors. I've scoured the internet and all forums but still no joy! I even tried shorting the battery terminal cables?? As read on another forum which apparently resets some capacitor? I was sceptical and it hasn't worked. 

The only thing I haven't tried is the window switch itself but as the motor turns and is recieving signal I can't see that being at fault.

Is there a sensor? A proximity switch or anything I've missed? Thanks guys x