markinch motor group

BMW 330ci clubsport help?

Hi folks

I have a question about a 330ci clubsport ive just bought, i read somewhere that there was only 40 or 50 left in silver like my 03 plate, then i found a link to this site saying there was maybe 20 left, i cant find it again so just asking if theres a way to find out, i only bought it for forecourt but on reading more about it i maybe think i should keep a hold of it as an investment as looks like its pretty rare and only end up being more so, any ideas or comments will be helpful, its the 6 speed version dont know if that makes any difference, had plenty E46s but never a clubsport, thanks Paul 

5645971C-C1E8-4AE4-AB2C-5C768168B944.jpeg

7CE670FC-E472-436A-9A27-1A08B1F83FE6.jpeg

9C784FA9-301D-4172-86D2-16E8EC5497DA.jpeg

38BD0DBA-75CB-4CA1-995C-DE02C1D5F1FB.jpeg

C2FF178C-A04D-40CA-82EA-7EBBE2257D06.jpeg

3ADC4282-B032-49B3-9FED-91BAA90AC349.jpeg

C469AC05-7A5D-46BE-8B4A-9B92A12B6F57.jpeg

283C831B-C89C-4919-BBAE-8CA43DD04D92.jpeg

6D622E2F-2310-43AC-8CFA-12F60BF20B6A.jpeg

9099BF3A-04E0-4DC3-8EC0-5746DB489014.jpeg

EF15FE0D-81AC-4663-B306-48FF0A61EEC5.jpeg

Edited by markinch motor group

6 speed gearbox are standard fit on all 330Ci's after the facelift (2004). Silver Clubsports are rarer than the Estoril Blue and Velvet Blue models, however in my opinion for the value to appreciate you'd need to have standard version i.e un-modified.

13 hours ago, bry1990 said:

6 speed gearbox are standard fit on all 330Ci's after the facelift (2004). Silver Clubsports are rarer than the Estoril Blue and Velvet Blue models, however in my opinion for the value to appreciate you'd need to have standard version i.e un-modified.

Thanks for info pal

I see it’s got different wheels I think they are the m sport mv1 wheels, I will look to get the original wheels for it if I can, what kind of value do you think on it as it is? 117k miles years MOT 

Elephant in the room, but are you 100% sure it's a Clubsport? It seems to be lacking wheels and front bumper/splitters... To my untrained eye it looks like a boggo 330 that has a Clubsport-style boot spoiler. Am I missing something?

On the general Clubsport point, they are a rare curio but ultimately not particularly desirable. Given that they didn't get any fundamentally improved spec over the standard 330, you'll probably still be commanding less money than a decent Individual-spec facelift. Also, assuming it is a Clubsport, at that mileage I don't see it appreciating at all unless you lock it away and never drive it. Even then, you might only make a couple of hundred quid a year.

1 hour ago, Devilfish said:

MyCarCheck.co.uk says it's a Clubsport.

https://www.mycarcheck.com/check/?reg_no=rf03+tvx

The mileage seems correct but isn't showing any tax since 2014. Perhaps it's been on a private plate.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle

Good spot - I didn't think to look there! Having said that, a Clubsport without the right (desirable) 3pc wheels and front splitters is surely just a boggo 330?

Didn't they also have some sound deadening removed and something about the arm rest to reduce weight? I can't remember..

But tbh I've always hated the CS.. I don't think it'll ever be collectable in the future. A good, low mileage 330Ci with decent spec will be more desirable in the short/medium term. Maybe in 20years when BMW go to tri-turbo 1l 4cyl engines that smash out 1000bhp in an M3 people will want that straight-6 engine - maybe then it'll become desirable.

Until then it still looks like a chavved up coupe! lol.

"Chavved up" is probably a bit of a harsh assessment, but the CS is a funny one. I don't really know what BMW were setting out to achieve - it wasn't a 'special' car mechanically, and it wasn't (AFAIK) a homologation special. 

It's got a thwacking great big wing on the back for nothing but aesthetic value and it was built in the fast and the furryous era! :lol:

Harsh yes, but not far off the truth.. ;)

Tbh I think it was just to introduce something above the standard Sport model, but below the M3 to close up a gap in the market, but in the cheapest possible way. It's all about the $$$'s!

99% sure there's no mechanical differences between the CS and the 330Ci Sport. It was all styling/aero'. Suspension/exhaust/engine is all the same.

Evidently it didn't work as expected as there was no E9X 330i/335i CS model..

Edited by momo

I love my club sport. Yes, the rear wing is a bit marmite, and I didn't like at first either. However, it's grown on me partially helped by the fact that all my lad's schoolmates thinks it cool! 😂😂

It's certainly distinctive and you don't see many.

Edited by 2clubsp

It's got a thwacking great big wing on the back for nothing but aesthetic value and it was built in the fast and the furryous era! :lol:

Harsh yes, but not far off the truth.. [emoji6]

Tbh I think it was just to introduce something above the standard Sport model, but below the M3 to close up a gap in the market, but in the cheapest possible way. It's all about the $$$'s!

99% sure there's no mechanical differences between the CS and the 330Ci Sport. It was all styling/aero'. Suspension/exhaust/engine is all the same.

Evidently it didn't work as expected as there was no E9X 330i/335i CS model..

There are a few mechanical improvements over a CI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for info pal
 I see it’s got different wheels I think they are the m sport mv1 wheels, I will look to get the original wheels for it if I can, what kind of value do you think on it as it is? 117k miles years MOT 

There’s a few sets available on the owners page on Facebook, well there was, sold my spare set unfortunately and they command a premium so be prepared.

Elephant in the room, but are you 100% sure it's a Clubsport? It seems to be lacking wheels and front bumper/splitters... To my untrained eye it looks like a boggo 330 that has a Clubsport-style boot spoiler. Am I missing something?
On the general Clubsport point, they are a rare curio but ultimately not particularly desirable. Given that they didn't get any fundamentally improved spec over the standard 330, you'll probably still be commanding less money than a decent Individual-spec facelift. Also, assuming it is a Clubsport, at that mileage I don't see it appreciating at all unless you lock it away and never drive it. Even then, you might only make a couple of hundred quid a year.

Has the correct trim, rarer Clubsport interior, silver bevels, kick plates too.

Big give away is the steering rack should have a purple tag, and the engine undertray is lower than a standard one and has CS embossed on it [emoji106]

CS was an expensive 330 rather than the cut price M3 that BMW should have made it. It wouldn't be a car worth keeping as an investment IMHO. Thhat said I suspect values will be and stay a little higher than a standard CI.

On 15/05/2018 at 15:36, Daz 330 Cs said:

Oh dear, even after all these years Momo is still bitter about the superior  Clubsport :lol:

Loved mine, didn’t miss a beat hardly in 8 years. In the best colour too, Velvet Blue :thumbup: 

Same here,although i still prefered the estoil B)....dont forget CS was 15mm lower than standard...and it`s the only E46 non-M3 that accepted use of the 3 stage  "SPRINT BOOSTER" mod:ph34r:

DCP_1246.JPG

On 18/05/2018 at 22:19, avalaugh said:

Has the correct trim, rarer Clubsport interior, silver bevels, kick plates too.

Big give away is the steering rack should have a purple tag, and the engine undertray is lower than a standard one and has CS embossed on it [emoji106]

Avalaugh, what does the purple tag mean?

Does the club sport have a different ratio rack? I hated them back when I was working as a bmw tech when they were new, but after driving a nice one I really thought it felt better than a normal one. Which was surprising as I thought there were no mechanical differences. I felt the gearbox was a different ratio but I guess that was the short shifter. But overall it felt like a sportier car to drive. Maybe just the lightweight wheels but a quicker rack would make sense too.