PoohBore

Brake warning lights

So after getting the car back from the head repair I set about changing the rear shock absorbers today as one was leaking. I’ve changed the over and added the strengthening plates as well. Once the car came off the trolley jack I started it up and the handbrake warning light is on red and another in the centre is lit upon yellow. Triangle in a circle. Release the handbrake and the warning light changes from red to yellow both still lit. I’ve tidied my tools away and restarted the car to put the roof up and the centre one is out and the handbrake light behaves normally red then Off when the handbrake is off. Did I screw the abs system up because I jacked the car up with the handbrake on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the centre yellow and handbrake yellow at same time indicates that the DSC has been turned off. if I’ve read your post correctly it sounds like it’s now operating correctly. if you press and hold the dsc button you’ll see what I mean.

purely a guess but if you left the ignition on while you did the shock change the system might have weirded out and then corrected itself on the next ignition cycle?

Edited by incredirog

Best bet would be to get codes read. In the meantime double check you didn't touch the ABS sensor on rear drivers side. The sensor goes from the ABS ring on the driveshaft to just in front of the rear arch where it's plugged in. You could've knocked it loose?

Otherwise get the codes read!

I thought it had gone away but the car passed its mot and when driven out of the bay over the brake rollers the light popped up again. Looks like I’ll have to take the wheels off the back for a poke about

I've got the same problem , what I've read people say it indicates a rear abs speed sensor is not working properly but is possible the sensor might just need a clean 

I am going to have a go tomorrow to see what wrong with mine , my mot is due beginning of next month so need to fix quickly 

I've got the same problem , what I've read people say it indicates a rear abs speed sensor is not working properly but is possible the sensor might just need a clean 
I am going to have a go tomorrow to see what wrong with mine , my mot is due beginning of next month so need to fix quickly 

Did you get to the bottom of your problem, mine has just come back on again

4 hours ago, PoohBore said:

Did you get to the bottom of your problem, mine has just come back on again

yes cleaning them worked for me, i did the sensor on all 4 wheels and so far no warning lights have come back. wasn't too hard a job to do in the end

yeah wheel off , unscrew retaining screw with allen key ( size 4 or 5 ) then pull sensor out of the hub i used mole grips and plenty of wd40, then wipe the end of sensor. i just used some glass cleaner that i had in the car already and a dry cloth