stevehallone

New E46 Owner

On 01/09/2018 at 23:28, incredirog said:

it’s worth investing in a OBD cable and inpa software package on eBay, much more detailed than a code reader, and only £20ish. which is nothing compared to BMW labour rate for diagnostics. 

Sounds like a good idea.

Do you still have your yellow-ish Angel Eyes by the way? I don't want to start a new angel eye thread because there's been so many but I am struggling to find a set that look OEM.
I don't want bright white/blue looking rings. 

My car is also pre-facelift so I think I'm looking for CCFL? Is that right? 

58 minutes ago, stevehallone said:

Weirdly, the lights went off today!

Driving 'enthusiastically' this morning with the kick down up to about 6k RPM and as soon as I lifted the lights went out. So I pulled over, took the key out the ignition and waited a bit before carrying on and touch wood, it's not come back, so I think a sticky speed sensor is likely to be the cause.

I'll look into it more when I get back from holiday in a couple of weeks time but for now I'm pleased, perhaps I just didn't give it enough of a boot-full after cleaning the sensors at the weekend.

Mine did something similar, took a spirited drive and braking and not been back since B)

38 minutes ago, stevehallone said:

Sounds like a good idea.

Do you still have your yellow-ish Angel Eyes by the way? I don't want to start a new angel eye thread because there's been so many but I am struggling to find a set that look OEM.
I don't want bright white/blue looking rings. 

My car is also pre-facelift so I think I'm looking for CCFL? Is that right? 

Yeah I do still have them, original Balasts and rings for over a year now. I got them on amazon, dead cheap.

Just had a look and I can’t see any yellow CCFL’s on there at the moment. I remember the ones I bought had a colour option of white or gold. They do exist if you look hard enough. 

If you get a set I’d happily give you some wiring tips as the stuff you get in the box isn’t ideal.

14 minutes ago, incredirog said:

Yeah I do still have them, original Balasts and rings for over a year now. I got them on amazon, dead cheap.

Just had a look and I can’t see any yellow CCFL’s on there at the moment. I remember the ones I bought had a colour option of white or gold. They do exist if you look hard enough. 

If you get a set I’d happily give you some wiring tips as the stuff you get in the box isn’t ideal.

OK I will keep looking and thanks mate I'm sure I'll take you up on that.

On 10/25/2018 at 21:57, stevehallone said:

Reluctantly, my e46 has to go and I'm gutted about it but if anyone's interested send me a pm

Oh shame mate..Hope u find a buyer soon