stevehallone

Where do you buy your service parts?

Hi Everyone

I've got a 2002 325Ci M Sport, and it's just had a basic oil & filter service in July but I'm trying to plan ahead for the next one.

I want to replace spark plugs, water pump, thermostat, coolant and fuel filter as well as the above next time, but I'm looking on Euro Car Parts & the total is coming in at £450 which seems a lot.

I'm doing a service on a 1984 Jaguar XJ6 on Friday (4.2L straight six) and the spark plugs for that are a tenth of the price!

Wondering if anyone can recommend where else to look?

I shop around - ECP (but they're getting worse with their constant sales), eBay (for branded stuff, not the cheap/unknown makes), and HotUKDeals (I got 7l of Castrol oil for £10 through Tesco thanks to HUKD and a mistake by Tesco).

3 hours ago, MICK 330 said:

Try Carparts4less which ECPs on line company which should knock a fair chunk off that mate. Worth a look.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

3 hours ago, momo said:

Water pump/thermostat aren't "service" items.. Meaning if you took it to BMW for an inspection service/oil change they wouldn't change that..

So it sort of makes sense..

I agree, but they'll need doing so I'm just trying to save where I can. It was the 12 quid per spark plug that shocked me to be honest.

46 minutes ago, TriggerFish said:

I shop around - ECP (but they're getting worse with their constant sales), eBay (for branded stuff, not the cheap/unknown makes), and HotUKDeals (I got 7l of Castrol oil for £10 through Tesco thanks to HUKD and a mistake by Tesco).

That's a bargain! What Oil did you use? 0/30 or 5/30? 

Opie oils for oils and lubricants.

Sparkplugs.co.uk for plugs.

Bmw for everything else.

Bmw aren't as expensive on most bits as you would think.

Use to use euros years ago but its hit and miss on parts and actual deals.

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 06:44, evokid said:

Always Use these now, Saved me a fortune on my X3 Rebuild and For my E46 so far..

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/

Hi mate, This "onlinecarparts" place is cheep! Have you had any probs with them or stuff they supplied????

7 hours ago, MICK 330 said:

Hi mate, This "onlinecarparts" place is cheep! Have you had any probs with them or stuff they supplied????

Hi, I can’t fault them so far. My pal with Audi’s RS6, S4 uses em and told me about them. When I first ordered they wanted photo of drivers licence and card for fraud prevention. But since then I’ve rebuilt my M57TU X3 engine saving a fortune, I’ve ordered all my bilstein and eibach stuff for my E46 from them saving a fortune! Always had good delivery via DHL. Can’t fault them though. 👍👍

they are the same company as buycarpartsonline.co.uk  have a look at their website page,,they are in germany and ive had quite a few parts from them..

Edited by rasa