evokid

Fitting OEM LED Rear Lights

So I’ve just got some Genuine OEM LED Rear Lights to fit to my pre Facelift Coupe (2001) I have the wiring adapters from what I’ve read I may need to flash my LCM ?? Is this just to stop the light check fault or needed for correct operation? It’s a bit vague from various posts what actually is needed from start to finish.

where is the LCM? (Assume not just the switch unit??)  If I need to change it to later spec what part would I need?

cheers guys

8 minutes ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

I did exactly the same as you on my 2003 Cs, couldn’t stop the flickering at all and ended up buying a brand new LCM. £200 ish :ph34r:

Worth it in the end though as they’re sooooo much better. 

Wow! Yeah was that £200 all in coded too? Dont think mine pre 2001 can be? But unsure? 

What module did you have to buy? Just latest spec? 

6 minutes ago, 2clubsp said:

I did it on my 2002. Didn't need a me LCM, just coded it and all was good.

Yeah I’ve read any LCM pre 09/2001 cannot be recoded? my build date was 12/2000 But looks like I can get a later LCM and recode it to car etc with PASoft 1.04?? Anyone near staffs? That can do this?? Otherwise may buy it and try myself . 🤓😳

On 11/08/2018 at 10:08, evokid said:

Wow! Yeah was that £200 all in coded too? Dont think mine pre 2001 can be? But unsure? 

What module did you have to buy? Just latest spec? 

My mate is a tech at Sytner so it was a Saturday morning mates rates job :lol:

Not sure what module it was....

Edited by Daz 330 Cs

Well a little confused but happy, Got the adapter leads, connected and the lights all work fine? LED Flicker on Left Tail light and both indicators ? No bulb out warnings? Only thing i get is the relay clicking faster on left side (As if one bulb is out) But fine on the right? ODD but pleased.....:blink:

So assume a New LCM or Recoded Old one with PA soft should cure?? :rolleyes:

Edited by evokid