SixPotThree

Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax?

Thanks guys....

I'm a noob when it comes to detailing a car and looking for something fairly easy to use which is why the bilt hamber appealed to me. I've only ever used polish before which gave results I was happy with but after learning more about detailing....my eyes have been opened!

ADS stuff looks really good but it's easy to get lost in the vast ocean of products out there! I don't want to waste money but at the sametime will pay it for the right products.

I have already bought a two bucket with grit guard system, wash mit etc. Foam lance but not decided on which foam yet (juicy probably). Bilt Hamber Clay bar. Super Resin polish. Just need to decide on the wax....The ADS Luminos seems like a good product!

A DA will come in the near future.

Any input/tips would be very much appreciated and wanted ๐Ÿ‘

I was the same a few years ago as there are so many products on the market. Adam who owns ADS is a friend of mine so i see all the products being madeย and bottled up so i can vouch for it being a good product!ย If you get stuck he is always willing to give advise on the facebook page.

For me its ADS using,

Purple grape snow foam, purple grape wash & gloss, bannana rims and hydro skin to seal. This is just for the basic maintenance washes.

Detailing, orange wash for engine bay and door shuts, iron avenger to decontaminat the entire car,ย tarliminater for tar spots,ย blue med clay with lime lube, fruit glaze polish and luminos wax, mango skin for trims,ย rubbers and tyres.

Thanks Rich ๐Ÿ‘ I've bookmarked their site. Seems like good stuff!

Just trying to work out if I need to compound the car before polishing and waxing as there is quite a few light scratches over the car.

I've been watching a few videos from AMMONYC, Guy seems to know his stuff!

Want to get it to a good base then can maintain it from there.....I miss my Sunday car wash session as my old 328i wasn't a good enough base to start with, rust and generally poor bodywork ๐Ÿ˜ข

Excited to have a rust free example that I can really give some tlc ๐Ÿ˜

I'm currently on the hunt to find someone to compound and polish. I don't have a machine polisher or any experience with one.

Anyone know someone good as close to Scotland as possible or a member who wants to make some extra cash? I'm willing to travel within reason

Why not just do it by hand?

Not done mine in ages now but always used Autoglym super resin polish and HD wax - for a hand wax/polisher it was pretty darn good!

Wash the car down with the 2 bucket method, then clay bar it (with some rapid detailer to keep the surface moist so the clay bar doesn't scratch the surface)ย to remove contaminants and get it as clean as possible. Then super resin polish to shine it up and wax to protect it.

Takes a few hours but always gave a brilliant result for a hand polish.

I'm fine doing the polish and wax by hand, I actually enjoy it. It's more using compound to remove the light surface scratches as polish alone won't remove these and don't think using cutting compound by hand would be enough.

My situation in life just now won't let me stretch to buying a DA or similar.

Looking for a fellow enthusiast with knowledge/experience of doing this. So many companies out there but who to trust not to burn through the paint....hear so many horror stories when done by so called "Professionals"

Btw....I wouldn't just jump onto my car if I had a DA as never done it before. Would get a bonnet or something from the breakers to practice on first but as I said my situation (recent split with kids mum) just won't allow this just now, not so much the cost but more the time....between work and my kid, it's a struggle ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks Daz.....you're always good for a quick response ๐Ÿ˜‰

Can you give me a break down of what to buy as you can gather....I'm a total noob!

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher-menzerna-kit

Would you go for this or buy the polisher on it's own and then get pads, cutting compound etc separately?

Menzerna products get very mixed reviews.

Edited by SixPotThree

I bought the Meguiars kit, I use the stuff with that on the Girlfriends car and Iโ€™ve another set of pads to use with the 3M stuff on my E93ย :D

Iโ€™dย say itโ€™s cheaper to buy all the kit together instead of bits here and there. 3M stuff is all colour coded too which is neat.ย 

And yes itโ€™s great to do it yourself for sure.ย 

Ah ok....I see it now! This is getting expensive real quickly ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

I might just clay, polish and wax for now and tackle the scratches with the Das come the spring. Got to deal with a few bits and bobs on the mechanical general maintenance side of things and to drop ยฃ200+ on a Das and compounds just now might be pushing it ๐Ÿ˜

Oh btw....got some collinite wax on your suggestion ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks dude

9 hours ago, SixPotThree said:

Quick question....

Wax application....Foam or Microfibre pads?

The Collinite is a great wax, youโ€™ll not be disappointed.ย 

Iโ€™ve got foam pads and they work a treat. Ive tried microfibre too, no better but a bit dearer so Iโ€™ve stuck with foam. They do the job fineย ^_^

Cool man....thanks ๐Ÿ‘

It gets awesome reviews and you can't argue with the price ๐Ÿ˜

Btw.....I'm still waiting for Sam to get back to me about zone stickers....pm'd him a few weeks ago after you said. Is he a busy man these and not get much time for the forum? Also will this affect me subscribing (do my part to help keep this place alive ๐Ÿ‘) ย or is it an automatic system?

ย