manwithtool

Basic audio advice

Hi,

I just bought a 325i Touring and it has the basic BMW radio and cassette.  I'm not too bothered about upgrading.  I just wondered if it was a straight swap from the cassette/radio to a CD/radio.  That way I keep it looking standard and get a CD player.  Mine does have a 6 CD player in the boot but it's broken.  The previous owner has fitted an Aux lead to the back of the stereo but I can;t seem to get it to work.

Believe it or not my son has a 325i 4 door and Wife a 325ci.  My son went the route of fitting an off the shelf stereo with an adadptor plate.  My Wifes Convertible has the same set up as me....It too had a broken 6 CD player.  We replaced it with another 6 CD player, but I recall there was an option of a black box which you stored music in under 6 files so the stereo treated it like 6 CD's ...Anyone got experience of this ?

My prefernce would be to change to CD and get the Aux lead to work.

Help !

Having a good equipment in my car I can enjoy the melody and magic of music. I don't know the preferences of others but I like musicals with a deep idea. One of my favorites is https://thecolorpurpleshow.com/ that tells the sad story about the hard life of the blackish girl at the beginning of the 20th century. I advise this musical to everybody who wants to have good emotions and who likes to think ...

CD headunit will go straight in. Get a new enough unit and you can grab an aux lead from fruity cables on ebay which plugs into the spare slot on the quad lock connector on the back of the unit (two small square slots, one for CD changer, one for aux lead).

Really simple install.

Cheers dontpanic,

Have done exactly that.  Not sure which plug to stick it into as the leads I bought didn't come with any instructions.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-AUX-Audio-Cable-Adaptor-Female-Dash-Mountable-Socket-Kit-For-BMW-E46-98-06/273362313301?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Any ideas ?