dec74n

Android dash cam and reverse camera help

I have a xtrons unit, this years model, finally fitted a usb dashcam and reverse camera, both eBay purchases, but both not gone well.

First the dashcam only works with its own crappy app which has a silly 2 minute loop, is their anyway to get to work with default and other apps, am I missing something, just rather use other apps so can set longer time but it doesn’t display anything on these apps, any ideas.

The reverse camera just shows gobble gook on the screen , followed YouTube videos and wired up to reverse light. Not connected and get black screen, connected and looks like old tv picture that hasn’t been tuned in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reverse camera is can bus triggered, I think the issue is lack of power from reverse light as now working but your right, you get what you pay for and both shall be removed for better cameras, though struggling to find better options at the moment, the reverse not so bothered about picture quality but the one I have is fixed and angle is too low, the front camera is where quality is more important to me.
That said I am using eBay to source and though their are more expensive ones, not sure if quality is better, aka there just more expensive of what I have but different packaging.
It seems easy to fine standalone cameras that are good quality but not usb ones for my head unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk