SixPotThree

Brake Servo Check Valve location on 330i

Hey guys...

As title says....looking for the location of the brake servo check valve on a 330 M54. I have searched online and real oem but can't find anything for the 330. Can't even find a replacement part. Loads come up for the smaller engines but not 3.0 🤔 I am wondering if it is part of the pump or the servo.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance 👍

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E46-Cabrio/Europe/330Ci-M54/R-N/sep2004/browse/brakes/power_brake_unit_depression/#6752116_5

Probably #5

At least that where it was on my 330d.. I just replaced mine a few weeks ago.

It's the bit on the left-end of the pipe - the 90 degree bend bit. That's the check valve. Cost me £50 for the pipe although i'm sure you could get an aftermarket one and force it into the existing pipe to save some $$$s..

I didn't want to risk it though..

Thanks Momo 👍

That's what I was thinking but needed conformation. I'll be buying the whole part too, not worth trying to bodge it!

Did you get it from the dealers? Also, Did you replace the gasket too (number 4) ?

Hopefully it will solve mine too and save me buying a new servo 🤞

I bought it from local stealers as I needed it quickly (was going to the garage for MOT anyway so wanted it to get it changed at the same time).

Would've been £42 from Cotswolds here on the forum. I think it was closer to £45 from my local dealers tbh. But your part is physically different so may be a different price.

No, I didn't replace the gasket.

What issue are you having? With mine it was losing vacuum when stood still for a few hours. So if I turn the car off when I get home at night and then go to start it in the morning the pedal was rock solid (even though I have a manual I always keep my foot on the brake as I start a car). It's not supposed to do that apparently, it's supposed to hold the residual vacuum so that check valve was knackered.

The same problem....after sitting for a few hours, rock solid pedal. Would happen to mine in the few hours parked up while I washed and waxed her 😡 Going to try this part first and hope I don't have to buy a new servo. According to realoem etc....our parts are the same with same part number.

Thanks again dude, really appreciate the  help and quick response 👍