Sign in to follow this  
Mark_F

This ones a head scratcher

I’ve searched the forum, can’t find anything related, so here goes...

1st and 2nd 3/4 throttle, there’s a knock and loses all power momenterally, dash lights up then comes back on and can drive. If it stalls it will start on the key. Now done it more than a handful of times. 

After parking up on the drive, going back out in it, wouldn’t start on the key - like it was immobilised. Held the unlock button for 10 seconds and hey presto. 

The problem is the knock/bang and then loss of power. This noise seems like it is coming from the passenger rear, and definitely not from the exhaust.

any help appreciated

maybe fuel pump,,but you will have to het the codes fread from a decent reader,,ie inpa etc 

Dont think it'd be the fuel pump, its like a thud coming from the left rear and now has a whine/grind intermittently somewhere in the middle. 

Also, when putting it into 1st gear the same kind of thud occurs in the same place

I don't think they're linked tbh.. 

I would imagine there's a driveline issue like the guibo thud or diff issue causing it to trip a wheel speed sensor (although they're on the drivers side rear) or something. You may have a few issues to fix there. Get codes read to start with.

Cheers momo. Ill get it checked out, its booked in for next week

youtube is throwing up the diff bushing - would definately fit with the clunk. Still, it's going in next week for investigation