lavan

PDC troubleshooting

Hi All,

I own a 2004 330cd (sport coupe). Had my car in for a MOT (annual check) and my PDC had been intermittent so I decided to ask the local Indy to install the sensor. The previous owner had given me a painted sensor to replace my outer left sensor with which I had diagnosed as the problem a year or so ago using INPA. 

However, after replacing the sensor, the long beep when going into reverse has now gone. However the pdc is not beeping at objects behind the car i.e in front of the sensors.

I plugged into INPA again now and the middle two sensors are reading normally and the outer two are reading 100 inch showing full black bars. 

I am confused to why the long beep has gone, like the PDC is working again. Before, when the PDC was intermittent, the beep was my way of telling it it was working or not. 

Let me know what I can do next before I take the bumper of and replace the two sensors.

P.S. all 4 sensors click when testing. 

Cheap/aftermarket/2nd hand sensors cause that.. Only way to fix properly is to replace with genuine/OEM sensors.

damn things,,never worked on my e46 after about 2 months of ownership,,my e90 330d work good,,but on my 335d e92 they dont work,,i just drive like i used to when sensors didnt exist