LJColeman

330i Saloon (E46 number 4!)

Good afternoon all,

I just thought i would check in as im hopefully collecting another E46 this weekend.

After my Bargain Estoril blue E46 saloon, i regrettably sold that on & i have had a few cars in between!

- Clio sport 197

- BMW E39 5 Series 525i

- Clio sport 172

- Megane Sport DCI 175 (Current car)

I have come across a lovely looking black 330i Auto saloon & it looks fantastic, 2003 model on a 52 plate, Black leather which is in immaculate condition. 

Full service history

Long list of repairs carried out (Inc thermostat, Water pump, Expansion etc) various bushes recently replaced.

I will report back if all goes smoothly with the collection on the weekend!

Thank you,

122,000 miles, £3,000.

Here is the description from the ad & the pictures:

Reluctantly I am selling my beautiful top spec 2003 BMW 330i Sport Auto finished in black colour with black sports leather interior.

This BMW looks and drives superb.

It has covered only 122,000 miles, and after a few minutes behind the wheel you can really feel how well this 3 Series has been looked after.

Comes with FULL SERVICE HISTORY, V5, full set of keys (2 remotes, 1 spare and 1 valet key) and is HPI CLEAR(report included).

Last service has been carried out @ 118,250 miles including oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter and new tyres.

Within the last few years it had new brake discs, pads, calipers, spark plugs, anti roll bar links, bushes, diff gasket, alternator and so on. Next MOT due February 2019 (no advisories).

Recently changed expansion tank wiht new pipe, termostat, water pump and it has new genuine coolant.

Under the bonnet we find that legendary 3.0 M54 straight 6 cylinder petrol engine. Famous for its bullet proof reliability, performance and efficiency.

A proper BMW engine from the times engineers rule the factory, not accountants and marketeers..

The M54 topped Ward's 10 best Engines list in 2002 and 2003.

As you would expect from a well looked after BMW, everything works perfect. Engine is quiet, no oil leaks, gearbox goes through all the gears nice and smooth, solid suspension. Clean interior.

Climate control with ice cold air con. Really good bodywork. Free of any rust, scratches etc. Obviously there are few very minor age related marks (e.g. tiny stone chips on the front), but nothing that would spoil the look. Exceptional condition.

Generously equipped with M sports leather seats, automatic transmission, air conditioning, climate control, electric windows front and rear, electric door mirrors, 6 disc CD-changer, multifunction M sport leather steering wheel, sport suspension, on-board computer, cruise control, parking sensors, automatic headlights, auto dimming rear view mirror, 18" alloy wheels, central locking, alarm, ABS, ESP, DSC and so on..

This E46 3 Series is already a modern classic, not many of them left around in such a condition, and it will only go up in value over the years.

43736627_1843614609040445_4486675231431196672_o.jpg

43729491_1843614475707125_3183527740884123648_o.jpg

43741598_1843614369040469_5867407071342755840_o.jpg

43773396_1843614245707148_737536534302949376_o.jpg

43952260_1843614109040495_5816470528738721792_o.jpg

44035791_1843613992373840_2039544965163384832_o.jpg

43680911_1843613652373874_2735602109775872_o.jpg

43676264_1843613842373855_7624383689970941952_o.jpg

2 minutes ago, momo said:

That's not top spec, not even close!

But sure does look clean!

I agree, not close to top spec but looks like a clean looked after car. 

My plans are as follows:

- new set of genuine floor mats

- xenon headlight retrofit

- Angel eye retrofit 

- eibach Pro lowering kit

- 15mm spacers all round

- android head unit 

Thanks guys, 

First mod will be the Head unit, I can't live without Spotify, decision is which of the below do I go for? 

Oem looking 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253855742174

Or more modern looking with a bigger screen? 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283105091414

5 hours ago, CoupEdin said:

I do like the look of these - if you don't mind departing from OEM

I can't decide, I love the look of the 9" screen & the glass look to it looks better than the other. I'm just worried it won't fit into the dash very well. 

If you want it to look OEM then don't get the 9"..

There's loads of pics on Google so have a look and decide for yourself.

Personally - with newer cars all having what looks like a thwacking great big tablet glued to the dash - I don't see it as a problem. lol

On 08/12/2018 at 06:58, momo said:

If you want it to look OEM then don't get the 9"..

There's loads of pics on Google so have a look and decide for yourself.

Personally - with newer cars all having what looks like a thwacking great big tablet glued to the dash - I don't see it as a problem. lol

I agree, I'm also thinking that the 9" glass screen may not suffer as much with glare. 

So, went to view the car yesterday & fair play to the owner, it really was as tidy as he made out. 

When I arrived to view the car was immaculately clean and he even had it under a gazebo as it was raining. 

The car immaculate and a big history file to go with it. It was safe to say I have him the cash and took it home. 

Being the first 3.0 I've owned (I've had 3x 325s and 1x 525) I couldn't belive how much more power it feels the 3.0 has. The car drives amazingly for the age and didn't miss a beat on the journey home. I did however notice on the motorway the steering felt very vaughe and like there was a lot of free play before the wheels actually moved (any ideas?) I also noticed it seems to tramline really bad but I can't remember if that's normal for these. 

Iver all I'm extremely pleased and I can't wait to start making it even better. 

IMG_20181208_154242.jpg

'grats on the purchase then! lol.

Sounds like the front control arm bushes are shot.. Give the alloy a wobble while it's parked, see if there's any movement.
Thank you,

Had a feel today and couldn't feel any movement. I'll have a better look on a ramp this week.

A few bits ordered today:

- android head unit running 8.1
- LED number plate bulbs
- LED interior bulb kit
- Rubber boot mat

Also looking to order some Eibach springs but can't decide between the Prokit & sport line.

I had the pro kit on my coupe with MV2's and 15mm spacers and it looked awesome. Not sure how It will look on a saloon with MV1's

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

It's a petrol so I think it's sport lines (red springs I think?) which are lower - 100% the lower ones.

The rears aren't lowered much in either IIRC. But the front will be a nice height with the lower ones.

I've got pro kit springs on mine, but they're the lowest you can get on 330d's because of the weight.

2 hours ago, momo said:

It's a petrol so I think it's sport lines (red springs I think?) which are lower - 100% the lower ones.

The rears aren't lowered much in either IIRC. But the front will be a nice height with the lower ones.

I've got pro kit springs on mine, but they're the lowest you can get on 330d's because of the weight.

Mine certainly is a petrol yes.

I think i might go with the sportline springs, I just didn't want to get any rubbing on the rear with passengers. Im also thinking of switching to Style 68 wheel. What do people think?

Looks very clean!!  ^_^
Sometimes I actually think I might prefer the saloon over the coupé.  Especially when as tidy as this one looks...

Looking good. How are you finding that head unit?

I have a black 320i saloon, so not as quick and I have an SE with the Mtec 1 bumpers. I'm a fan of the saloons over coupes too. They can't be made to look quite as sporty as rear spoilers don't suit a saloon etc, but there's something about them I prefer.

Mine tramlines on 18's but I believe I need new lower wishbone bushes too. Meyle Heavy Duty ones are best this side of poly bushes apparently. They're cheaper on eBay than Lemforder from Eurocarparts. I'm led to believe that Lemforder are the OE manufacturer and they've done well on my Mrs' 325i, albeit hers are knackered again now thought. 

Kirkynut