BeemerGaz

Time for a service but which one?

Hi all,

Been ages since I've been on here it seems but thought I'd have a perusal once again. I still have the same car which is a 2002 330ci in Velvet Blue.

It's just a quick query about having it serviced. It's overdue for one so I've booked it in for tomorrow. I'm not sure which one is should be ie Inspection 1, 2 or a basic oil service. I've asked for an Inspection 2 but will have a chat with the main mechanic in the morning and show him the service book.

I'll attempt to attach a pic of said book...

Thanks very much for any help on the matter.

PS Meant to add that the reason I'm a bit confused is the lack of info on the last service ie no tick!

IMG_20181211_133057.jpg

Edited by BeemerGaz

I had a basic oil service a last month (on the advice of the main mechanic at a local indy dealer). The previous two years 

I opted for an Inspection II. 

(My car is a 320d SE Touring, with 116,000 miles on the clock. It has a full service history, having previously being owned

by my sister from new; Mar 2003 - Aug 2012, followed by me; Aug 2012 to the present day).

I think it's usually:

Oil Service
Inspection 1
Oil Service
Inspection 2
Oil Service
Inspection 1
Oil Service
Inspection 2

And so on.

So going by that service book i'd say it's due an Inspection 1.

But if you're unsure then there's no harm in doing another Insp2 to be sure.

Thanks for the replies guys. I decided to plump for the Inspection 2 in the end as the mechanic very kindly attempted to speak to the previous garages regarding what work they carried out but unfortunately there was no answer. Total cost was £342.

PS It was all to no avail...see new post!!!