Sign in to follow this  
incredirog

Touring Rear Windscreen

2 posts in this topic

Anyone ever replaced one of these? Or had one replaced? I’ve got autoglass coming on monday but I’m full of doubt they can get both the antenna and heated element working. I’m assuming here that the technician won’t have done one and will be eyeing up an early finish rather than trouble shooting.

As you look at the hatch when it’s open with the trim removed, on the left there are 2 flat black plastic connectors. In the middle there is an orange ribbon cable with 2 contacts which appears to be soldered on to the glass and on the right there is another flat black connector symmetrical to one on the other side. Can anyone help identify these? 

Thanks

nightmare, so my doubts were unfounded but the car let me down. the micro switch for the hatch had seized on to the wiper mechanism. in between these two parts is the glass with bonded metal frame so there’s no work around. had to order both sides as I destroyed it trying to unseize it. autoglass said they’d come back and align the glass when I had the bits. I’ll probably try and do it myself though!