James777

Broken rear springs - what lowering springs would you recommend??

Folks

The rear springs on my 318Ci Sport are broken and after a phone call to my local BMW Parts Department, it's going to be cheaper to replace them with aftermarket ones than BMW ones. I'm glad that they've broken as I was looking to lower it anyway and this is the excuse I need to justify it to the wife!! It would seem that the way to go is Eibach springs. I have MSport suspension on it and was wondering what difference in height and ride there would be with Sportline and Pro-kit springs. Are there any other makes I should consider or is it Eibach all the way? Do I require adjustable control arms, etc or is there enough scope on the existing setup when it's lowered?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated as always

Thanks

James

Eibach pro kit springs will lower the front a little, and barely touch the rear. Sportline springs will lower the front a decent amount and the rear a little - deffo the best look of the 2 while still being drive-able without significant clearance issues.

You wont need control arms/drop links with lowering springs. They're a direct replacement. The only extra thing to consider is a full alignment once it's done.

1 hour ago, momo said:

Eibach pro kit springs will lower the front a little, and barely touch the rear. Sportline springs will lower the front a decent amount and the rear a little - deffo the best look of the 2 while still being drive-able without significant clearance issues.

You wont need control arms/drop links with lowering springs. They're a direct replacement. The only extra thing to consider is a full alignment once it's done.

Hi momo

Thanks for your reply. Having seen pictures of BMW's fitted with Pro-kit and Sportlines, I have to agree with you that the Sportlines do look the better of the two and bring the front down nicely.