Bimbimmer

330ci Front washer jets not working!

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, currently my front washer jets are not working. previously they were piddling out water so I have already taken out the washer tank and cleaned the filter which fixed the issue with the piddly water. Now however the washers have stopped working all together. I can't hear the motor working which leads me to believe that it may be a pump or a lose connection somewhere. I have checked the fuses and they all see fine (much to the surprise of my bleeding ears after i pulled a fuse which was also connected to the central locking system :wacko:).

Does anyone know what may be the cause of the problem and any form of help to fix the issue? Got a MOT at the end of February and I don't want the stealers telling me porkies!

Thanks all!

momo   

You probably didn't reconnect the wires tight enough and worked their way loose? Make sure they're pushed in all the way and try again.

Drain the tank and remove the pump and give it a test

53 minutes ago, momo said:

You probably didn't reconnect the wires tight enough and worked their way loose? Make sure they're pushed in all the way and try again.

Drain the tank and remove the pump and give it a test

Will double check buddy and let you know but as far as i can tell they are pushed right in.

Update:

Washer pump is now working. i had the pump out and took it apart to find that it was very rusty inside and was fairly clogged up. i took the motor out of the pump and soaked it for a while, sprayed it with some WD and then cleaned it out. I also found that the copper on the motor itself was dirty so it may not have been making a clean contact. so i gave this a good clean put it all back together and the motor now works and the washer is working as normal.

Job jobbed!